Light 15 greasing

RINGER

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
The two top nipples on the rear of the upper control arm, won't take grease. Changed to 2 new 90* ones & still not taking grease.

Why the hell they have the front drilling & nipples in a great place & the rear ones vertical, one could never guess

How hard is it to remove the inner upper control arm from the chassis without disassembling the upper control swivel joint?
I see on CAS site they have the top shaft fitted with silentblocs do these fit all models?
426569A-8.jpg426569-12-247x194.jpg
Thanks John.

Last edited:
Can't remember having trouble with that greasing point. I had to have a new bronze bush turned as there was wear in the back one and seem to remember dismantling and refitting without dismantling at swivel end. Probably had the mudguard off for access. Silent bloc block assembly there (?) haven't seen those.
Gerry will tell us!

I have the silent block version on my car and have had no trouble for the 19 years they have been fitted, I think it may make the frontend quieter as well.

Thanks for the heads up.
They should last forever & be quieter, if they are fitted & the holding nut ends not tightened until the normal torsional load is on the upper control arm. i.e. the wheel is on the ground & loaded. Same procedure as with all silentbloc's fitted to spring shackles etc.

If those bushes will not take grease it is possible that they are clogged with dried grease. If you have renewed or reconditioned the spindle and bush assembly then the question is-- 'have the bushes been drilled to allow the passage of grease, and has a grease passage been machined into the ID of the bush to distribute the grease?'

Success got grease into both with some manoeuvring & probably good for my lifetime, but may look @ the silent bloc option as I just like doing positive stuff & shrouds don't have pockets.
When I go someone will have something great with little to do.

Success got grease into both with some manoeuvring & probably good for my lifetime, but may look @ the silent bloc option as I just like doing positive stuff & shrouds don't have pockets.
When I go someone will have something great with little to do.
There is only one answer to that! Don't Go!