LHM brands.

dom19

Fellow Frogger
What brand of LHM do people predominantly use in their Cits? Is Total readily availble? It seems people complain about the price a fair bit. I can get Castrol at wholesale price. Has anyone used Castrol?
ta Dom

Dom,

early this year Roger Parker had Total LHM Plus available for $10 a litre to Club Citroen SA members, which I reckon is a good price, but perhaps your wholesale contact may be even better? Total has got to be as good as anything as it is the brand that has always been recommended by Citroen themselves (not suggesting that Castrol or other brands are no good though). Roger is located in the Adelaide Hills too. Hope this helps,

LHM brands

Using ERGO, made in Italy.
Bought off my Citroën mechanic in Sydney nearly 2 years ago after the price of TOTAL LHM had gone up.
The colour is a bit less bright than the TOTAL LHM, but it's been perfectly good.
I think that if it says that it's LHM, then it has to be LHM, the recipe has to be the same.

If you can get Castrol LHM (which would actually be LHM Plus like all the others these days) and you can get it at or less than $10 per litre, then get it. Careful though as most Castrol LHM is in 500ml bottles.

Onshore Oils in Brisbane (search for details in this forum) can supply various types of containers and shipment. Roger probably gets his through there.

UFO said:
If you can get Castrol LHM (which would actually be LHM Plus like all the others these days) and you can get it at or less than $10 per litre, then get it. Careful though as most Castrol LHM is in 500ml bottles.

Onshore Oils in Brisbane (search for details in this forum) can supply various types of containers and shipment. Roger probably gets his through there.

Not sure where Roger gets his stock from but he gets it in bulk. Last time I got some from him in December, I brought some old 5 litre oil containers with me and watched him pump them full out of a 200 litre drum with Total labels on it, which is how I know that he supplies the Total product. But as you've said Craig, LHM Plus for under $10 sounds like good value regardless of brand.
Cheers,

I recently bought a litre of LHM + from Penrite in Bayswater, Melbourne. It was about $12.00 for a litre. I have always found Penrite to have great products and great service.

LHM sources

I bought some agippa (Italian LHM) from a New holland tractor dealer for about $12/litre a couple of months ago.:cheers: