LED Light bar on a 407

keithm

Fellow Frogger
Have been thinking lately that a lightbar would be a good addition to the front of my 407 . Has anyone fitted one of these and what did you mount it to . There is a lot of plastic up there

Appreciate any comments .

Keith

I have a set of lightforce 170 driving lights on my 407. I looked at lightbars and decided to go with these lights instead as I’ve had them on pretty much every car I’ve owned. I mounted them to the reinforcing bar that’s around 60mm behind the mouth section of the bumper. There’s nothing strucural on the plastic bumper so even if you were to use one of those number plate mountings would need to put something behind it to attatched it to.
When I was considering a light bar I was intending to put 2 brackets through the open grill section to bolt to the reinforcement and put the light bar around the lower section of that.
If I can work out how to I’ll post a photo of the way I mounted my lights.

626E467A-BB66-45E1-9870-5875B5AFF8B0.jpeg82D56DB2-2445-49B2-9BF9-61AD96CE6A74.jpeg

Thanks very much for the reply and pictures , I was unaware of the re enforcement bar so that will make mounting what ever I go for nice and secure . Thanks once again .

Regares , Keith