LCD Temperature and Clock Mi16 Series 2

Angus

Fellow Frogger
Orright heres the deal. I got some new tyres put on last night as well as a wheel alignment. When I drove into Bridgestone (yeah I'll name them!) my Mi16 series 2 little LCD thingy that shows the time and outside temperature was functioning just fine. When I drove out with new tyres and wheels aligned, the thing was completely blank, no light no nothing.
So i challenge them and ask them what the deal is, and they are like 'nah mate it must be coincidence.'

So I have two questions:
1. Could it be related?
2. How hard are these things to fix, because i really miss it!! :-(

Cheers Angus

ps I am going to drop by my auto elecy tonight, but if you guys could give me some pointers before hand it would be most appreciated.

It is backlit by two bulbs. Yours was probably only lit by one and it has now blown. Look up your Haynes manual to change, as it is a bit of a job to replace them. I did them on both my series 1&2 405s. About a half an hour I think. Might as well do the ventilation control bulbs while you are there.

It is backlit by two bulbs. Yours was probably only lit by one and it has now blown. Look up your Haynes manual to change, as it is a bit of a job to replace them. I did them on both my series 1&2 405s. About a half an hour I think. Might as well do the ventilation control bulbs while you are there.

Same problem, the pass side one was out the D/S gave out the other day. Have the Torx screwdrivers right here beside me ready for the job. I too miss the time and temp on the SRDT