Latitude Register

Bonjour everyone,

2013 Latitude- Privilege, 2.0dci auto, Mars grey.

After driving his bosses 07 Megane 1.9dci manual for work (I bought it before it was traded in) and getting a constant economy of 5.3 litres per 100km, my father has had a late midlife crisis and after months of homework has bought his very first flash car a Latitude. It's done around 13 000 km.

Renault quotes 6.1 kilometres per 100kms but it's getting on average 8.3 litres per 100km, mostly highway kilometres and all driving miss daisy style.

My father is extremely obsessional about fuel economy, it's keeping him awake at night, has become his only topic of conversation, and causes him no end of discomfort when I tell him that my Megane just achieved the once mythical goal of a sub 5 litre per 100 km average. The Latitude was serviced by Renault at 11 000kms before delivery- oil changed, tyre pressures checked etc. My thoughts are that the engine needs to run in more and will loosen up, thereby reducing heat and friction.

I would really appreciate hearing from other people with a similar car about their average fuel economy and any thoughts on increasing economy.

Thankyou in advance
Todd

Bonjour everyone,

After driving his bosses 07 Megane 1.9dci manual for work (I bought it before it was traded in) and getting a constant economy of 5.3 litres per 100km, my father has had a late midlife crisis and after months of homework has bought his very first flash car a Latitude. It's done around 13 000 km.

Renault quotes 6.1 kilometres per 100kms but it's getting on average 8.3 My thoughts are that the engine needs to run in more and will loosen up, thereby reducing heat and friction.

I would really appreciate hearing from other people with a similar car about their average fuel economy and any thoughts on increasing economy.

Thankyou in advance
Todd

With only 11000 km yes not quite run in... Have a 2012 40k and it gets about 8.5 lt/100 km 99% city driving, the 2013 My13 model is rated .4 less. if he is going off car computer, it can take a while to recalibrate, best way is to work out km traveled vs amount of diesel. Not really fair to put megane against as different sized, weight plus latitude is auto vehicle :) also on highway if put instant fuel useage on should see what doing, if high then may indicate problem .. If still unhappy see dealer as maybe something not right but would check above 1st

Last edited:
Comparing the mileage of two totally different cars is not the way to determine milage and a latitude is a lot heavier than a megane just for starters. Im sure he needs to see his doctor hahahaha if this is all thats keeping him awake. the latitude he has needs more running in, mine returns less than 6.0 on a trip and has got down to 5.2 but this is doing it the accurate way of comparing what fuel is filled to tank versus kilometres travelled all fuel gauges even those used to measure filling have errors. so maybe your station has faulty gauges as well.
Its wise to check things out before knocking a superb product that is better equipped than its competitors for a lot less money. You get a choice of petrol or diesel for same money and you get choice of beige or black interior for same money as well you jut have to wait a few months for it to be made as its not Renault big seller because of uniformed comments that circulate by people who get fixated by a car they see everywhere or are swayed by review commentators etc who are locked in to a certain brand and would not know a good vehicle if the fell over it, Im glad mine is not sitting on every corner looking like every other car going past ( I hope we still have a free will and we dont feel the need to impose our will upon others) My car is cool heat wise to drive, being white with a beige interior as im not like the herd mentality of because the neighbour has a black car i must drive one.

Last edited:
Comparing the mileage of two totally different cars is not the way to determine milage and a latitude is a lot heavier than a megane just for starters. Im sure he needs to see his doctor hahahaha if this is all thats keeping him awake

Hi Niks, dont think Todd was knocking car 🚗 only thing was as pointed out two totally different cars probably fueled unhappyness but if was doing 8's mainly highway driving would say problem :)

Last edited:
Happy to report our 2012 diesel luxe with 70k is now showing 6.7 - 9 l/100k since moved out of Sydney. .. go to port Macquarie every now and then and 2.5 hr drive & back uses less than 1/2 tank ...dont drive for economy so quite happy ☺

Sent from my SM-T805Y using aussiefrogs mobile app

Bonjour everyone,

Renault quotes 6.1 kilometres per 100kms but it's getting on average 8.3 litres per 100km, mostly highway kilometres and all driving miss daisy style.

My father is extremely obsessional about fuel economy, it's keeping him awake at night, has become his only topic of conversation, and causes him no end of discomfort when I tell him that my Megane just achieved the once mythical goal of a sub 5 litre per 100 km average. The Latitude was serviced by Renault at 11 000kms before delivery- oil changed, tyre pressures checked etc. My thoughts are that the engine needs to run in more and will loosen up, thereby reducing heat and friction.

Thankyou in advance
Todd

What pressure is he running in his tyres?

Bump them up to 40psi all round and see if the fuel economy improves. He should being seeing a flat 7 litres/100km, less on the hwy.

Dave

13,000 km is nowhere near run in. My last two new Renaults have needed around 30+k before they showed any performance qualities and thusly fuel economy. I'm happy to report my last highway drive of 300 km returned 8.1l /100 km sitting on a somewhat higher speed than promulgated in Victoria in the Koleos diesel. Better than my previous of 8.3l / 100 km for 5000 km through three states over Easter a coupla years ago sitting on the same speed.

Hello Everyone. I'm new to both Renault ownership and the forum. I picked up a 2011 Latitude last weekend. It's the 2.0TD. So far I'm really impressed with it. It's got lots of creature comforts, it uses very little fuel and it's got a decent amount of poke when you want to put the foot down. Running around the Sunshine Coast, I'm getting 7.2 - 7.4 l/100km's which is less than half my old BMW X5 4,6IS used to use. Up here I pay $1.22 for diesel and used to pay $1.55 for PULP. I was surprised at the physical dimension of the car. It's a lot bigger than it looked in the car yard pictures. It's quite a bit longer than my old X5. All in all I'm very happy with the purchase.

Hello Everyone. I'm new to both Renault ownership and the forum. I picked up a 2011 Latitude last weekend. It's the 2.0TD. So far I'm really impressed with it. It's got lots of creature comforts, it uses very little fuel and it's got a decent amount of poke when you want to put the foot down. Running around the Sunshine Coast, I'm getting 7.2 - 7.4 l/100km's which is less than half my old BMW X5 4,6IS used to use. Up here I pay $1.22 for diesel and used to pay $1.55 for PULP. I was surprised at the physical dimension of the car. It's a lot bigger than it looked in the car yard pictures. It's quite a bit longer than my old X5. All in all I'm very happy with the purchase.

Hi johnmrson and welcome to the Latitude family and a small one at that! Glade to hear that you're happy with the new purchase, as is everyone that owns one. It's just a shame Renault didn't sell more of them!

I'm getting around 7.8L/100km around the city, but I also like to plant the foot down! On the open road, I'll easily get around 6.4L/100km, so they really are great on fuel, especially when you consider how big they are! When I picked up the Latitude and parked it next to my Laguna Mk3 diesel wagon, it was not only longer, but also taller, so yes, they're size is deceiving!!

I'm currently paying $1.18 for diesel here in Adelaide.

James