Latitude Hints, Tips and Problems

Thank you iLaguna and Palah
Thank you all mates
I am really happy that here we can exchange info on our cars.
I try to be more active here, just trying to get used to the forum format.
the issue with GPS stick memory car is sorted by dealer. Actually they had 2 Latitude for sale exactly alike. I bought one of them.
The car is petrol 3.6 and 14600 on the clock.

Not even run in yet :)

I didn't see what they did cause they took the car to the workshop and then they took the other one as well until the guy came back and said "sorted, the memory card was faulty",
I reckon they swapped the card with other Latitude there.:)
The other issue is the fuel consumption which is very high, 22L/100 for city. I expected 15-17l
As I have noticed almost all Latitudes here in this forum are 2.0 diesel!?

Reason is original had gutless 2.5 the diesel was much better drive except petrol was more refined

who's got a petrol type comment on fuel plz.

They are Nissan petrol dont think should be that high, are you taking off the cars record or km vs fuel use? Have a diesel and sometimes think, whats happening? but it adjusts after a while use 8.5 in Sydney so 22 sounds way too high

There are 2 rubbers at either side of the rear blind top bar. I found them in half smashed. Looks like they are melted due to heat of sun or rear screen.
I attach picture when I can.

Re rubbers have 2012 model and no such issues only suggest mention next service

Had the opportunity to safely and legally push the Latitude up to 150 KPH for almost a couple of kilometres. (90MPH in the old money). Including a sweeping bend. I doubt whether someone blind folded would be able to pick the difference between that and 100 KPH. In fact I think the road holding felt better, and the noise level never changed. It just kept accelerating. I guess they are designed for 200KPH on the German autobahns. I was impressed, and sorry I had to slow for the sharper bends. I'd like to bring it to happy laps and get a few complete laps in, but SWMBO wouldn't sanction that, also the acceleration of the 2 litre diesel would let it down a bit over the whole course.

I was some what disappointed when I took my Latitude for it second service to be told the tyres are worn on one side and need to be replaced despite not yet being down to the tread wear marking block. Both front and rears are equally worn? I was told it would need a wheel alignment and new tyres. So I am booked in at my local tyre shop only because I cannot drive at the moment due to illness and my wife just wants it fixed. I have elected not to replace the Contisport 3. Partly because of cost and partly because I don't feel 28,000 k's is good enough for an old persons car that has only really been driven on a town and country mix. I will also be interested to see whether the wheel alignment is actually out. Why would it be at such low km's? So I am buying Toyo's. The change will be interesting. Will they last longer, are they quieter, and smoother? They are most certainly cheaper. Being in the country and not able to drive means I cannot shop around for cheaper Conti's in Brisbane. I am almost sure the service guy is not correct but as I am only relying on phone calls and a reluctant Mrs to sort it out I'll just have to go with the flow.

Service departments of all makes when confronted with a "Mrs" will attempt to include every conceivable item in the litany of parts that need replacing, along with headlight fluid and transmission tape. I ensure I oversee every service of Mrs. L's car to ensure no superfluous items appear on the service document. They really do take advantage of women.

Well car has been returned from the local tyre shop and the toe was out on all 4 wheels causing wear on the inner edge of the tyres. Also one rear tyre had a slight change to the camber. Just drove up the road at 60 kph and my first impression of the Toyo TEO plus are that they are a bit quieter but possibly slightly rougher than the Conti. But they do have much higher pressure than recommended so when I get able I'll drop them a bit. He told me there is a rough road suspension version of the Latitude. I remember being told by the salesman that my car had the sports version suspension. Nothing about either on the brochure. Haven't looked at the owners book. My suggestion, get a wheel alignment as I have just lost 5000 k's and possibly more on the original tyres. He claims these Toyos should do more k's. Hmmm we'll see.

Guys
Anybody has got any clue how I can check the quality and level of auto tranny fluid?! I couldn't find any dipstick!!
My car kicked badly 2times when I shifted from P to R. It was so shocking. It has not happened anymore. However I am curious to check the tranny fluid to make sure it is alright. I appreciate if you could show me how I can get access to check the fluid and preferably attach a photo.

I am sure the Toyo's corner better than my Contisport tyres. Could be the toe being out but I have a sweeper near me that 100 KPH was uncomfortable with the Conti's and is acceptable, to my speed controller in the passenger seat, on the Toyo's. So far so good. I'll report again after 10,000 k's. I also rode for couple of hours in the rear seat and have to say that it is similar to the rear seat in my mates 2013 Commodore. Although without the bottoming out that the Holden occasionally managed. And the back seat passengers are not heavy weights. You do sit up high in the Latitude and tall people would brush the ceiling I think.

I was some what disappointed when I took my Latitude for it second service to be told the tyres are worn on one side and need to be replaced despite not yet being down to the tread wear marking block. Both front and rears are equally worn? I was told it would need a wheel alignment and new tyres. So I am booked in at my local tyre shop only because I cannot drive at the moment due to illness and my wife just wants it fixed. I have elected not to replace the Contisport 3. Partly because of cost and partly because I don't feel 28,000 k's is good enough for an old persons car that has only really been driven on a town and country mix. I will also be interested to see whether the wheel alignment is actually out. Why would it be at such low km's? So I am buying Toyo's. The change will be interesting. Will they last longer, are they quieter, and smoother? They are most certainly cheaper. Being in the country and not able to drive means I cannot shop around for cheaper Conti's in Brisbane. I am almost sure the service guy is not correct but as I am only relying on phone calls and a reluctant Mrs to sort it out I'll just have to go with the flow.

I'm about to book my Latitude (Diesel) in for it's service for the end of February, but seeing I bought it with the Diamond advantage, which gave me 2 free services, I've already used my first service just after I bought the car, it's not going to cost me anything, unless I get something else done. Mine has just clicked over to 40,000km. I bought it second hand from Brighton Renault in Melbourne with 25,000km back in December 2014, so I've had it for just over a year now and it's been nothing but a dream! Fuel economy is still exceptional, nothing has fallen or broken off it and I've had trouble free motoring. Servicing will be done by Unley Renault here in Adelaide, which have done my previous Renault's in the past and do a great job!

I'm also about to get 4 new tyres. The front ones are worn on the outer and inner edges, but the back ones have different brands on them, which were on the car when I bought it and being pedantic as I am, I like to have all my tyres the same brand and so I'll get them all changed. Wheel alignments will also be carried out.

Will also need new wiper blades, so I may have a look on ebay, but will see what Unley Renault can do.

Unfortunately I have to report my car went into limp mod this morning and luckily I was in our drive. It also displayed "engine hazard Stop" in red. So rang the Renault roadside breakdown number and despite the fact that we live out in the country she promised a person to check it out within one hour. Sure enough 40 minutes later a guy from the local auto electrician arrives with his ubeaut computer and it shows an accelerator sensor fault. However it came good. But as he said it could go faulty again at any time. So it will be on a tilt bed later today and in to the nearest Renault dealer (Cricks) to look at Monday. It is due for 40,000 k's service and was booked in for Wednesday with a loan car. So rang Cricks and cancelled Wednesdays loan car and asked them to do the service when it gets in there. Andrew said he had never heard of such a fault. Lucky the car computer shows that that is what the problem was. More later.

Unfortunately I have to report my car went into limp mod this morning and luckily I was in our drive. It also displayed "engine hazard Stop" in red. So rang the Renault roadside breakdown number and despite the fact that we live out in the country she promised a person to check it out within one hour. Sure enough 40 minutes later a guy from the local auto electrician arrives with his ubeaut computer and it shows an accelerator sensor fault. However it came good. But as he said it could go faulty again at any time. So it will be on a tilt bed later today and in to the nearest Renault dealer (Cricks) to look at Monday. It is due for 40,000 k's service and was booked in for Wednesday with a loan car. So rang Cricks and cancelled Wednesdays loan car and asked them to do the service when it gets in there. Andrew said he had never heard of such a fault. Lucky the car computer shows that that is what the problem was. More later.

Had the 45,000km service done at the end of February, car has actually only done 42,200km, four new tyres fitted - Pirelli Cinturato P1's 225/45 R18's, thanks to Bob Jane - Brooklyn Park, Adelaide, as well as new wiper blades bought from ebay - yes I had to buy the complete heads, not just the rubbers - $64.00 for both driver and passenger side wiper head units, with free postage and she's driving like new again.

Service was carried out by Unley Renault - Adelaide, again no troubles to report. The car is performing very well.

Also, had trouble with my iPod touch not connecting to the car via the USB in the R Link. I did some online research and found that if I restart back to factory settings in R Link, then it'll clear the problem. I was finding that the USB icon was not highlighted in the 'Media' file and I wasn't able to select it, so once I did the restart to factory settings, it cleared the problem.

It then gave me another problem, where my phone was no longer connected to the car, so all I had to do was reselect my device in R Link and then I was back in business.

Word of warning though, once you perform the restart back to factory settings, you lose everything that you would've uploaded in R Link, mainly apps, pictures, etc.

Car arrived a Cricks and they said that the battery voltage was also low. So new battery and a service and all seems to be well. We have probably done 500 kilometres since so I think that must have been the problem. Makes sense because I had just started the car and driven a few 100 metres when I stopped at an idle so perhaps the alternator didn't get a chance to charge up the battery if it was on the way out. Car and therefore battery is 3 years old. Interestingly both my wife and I reckon the car has a lot better acceleration. Perhaps they gave it the equivalent to an old fashioned tune up. I guess that means tweeked the computer or something similar.

These Korean Renaults..... The common factor in so many issues seems to come back to the driving voltage, doesn't it. I keep saying they are just computers on wheels.

Good it seems fixed. I imagine that is all the issue was.

Our first Scenic once started (when staying on the south coast with an Irish cousin of mine) perfectly as usual and was turned off a few seconds later. Next start, after we'd loaded up the car, absolutely nothing. The battery died, or at least its voltage dropped below some threshold or other, and it wouldn't even turn over when I pressed the button. Jump started first crank, we drove to Albany as planned and I got a new battery. No trouble since, and that was 18 months ago! In an older car, it would have just cranked slowly and maybe even fired!

Our Laguna is a bit hard on batteries, fortunately when it fails it is just within the RACV battery free replacement period, don't know how it does it, but it must sense it or something, nice to buy one expensive battery that goes so long with free progeny, so I sort of swear by RACV batteries, they stand behind their warranty 100%

Car arrived a Cricks and they said that the battery voltage was also low. So new battery and a service and all seems to be well. We have probably done 500 kilometres since so I think that must have been the problem. Makes sense because I had just started the car and driven a few 100 metres when I stopped at an idle so perhaps the alternator didn't get a chance to charge up the battery if it was on the way out. Car and therefore battery is 3 years old. Interestingly both my wife and I reckon the car has a lot better acceleration. Perhaps they gave it the equivalent to an old fashioned tune up. I guess that means tweeked the computer or something similar.
Our Latitude luxe diesel's battery died suddenly at about 60k or approx 4 years so not bad ... now averaging 6.9 l per 100k after moving to coffs harbour and besides normal maintainance been gr8 ...the sunroof has developed a rattle & dealer said will fix next service (75k) also told service would cost ($450) which is quite resonable ... looking seriously at new Koleos intens & would love a diesel but none till mid/late 2017

Sent from my SM-T805Y using aussiefrogs mobile app

Hi All,
I am a new owner of a Latitude, 2012 diesel – loving the car.
It recently had its 45,000 service – capped price was good BUT was advised that it needed new front disc rotors and pads, I ended up getting them done.
After talking with a few people I’m starting to feel ripped off that they insisted that this needed to be done.
Has anyone else had any similar issues with the brakes?
Cheers

Is anyone able to comment on the 'real' FUEL ECONOMY of the Latitude Diesel, I have a feeling the 6._L/100 isn't a true reflection of mix used driving. If you're able to comment on servicing and maintenance costs also, I'd appreciate that as I'm considering making a purchase in the next fortnight. Thanks in advance.

hey Niks. are you able to comment on the running costs and durability of the car? I'm considering purchasing one of the last demo models available. would you personally recommend the Latitude after 2yrs of driving one?

I regularly get mid to high sixes in my Laguna (which shares the same engine). I do a fair bit of motorway driving however.

Dave

Hi All,
I am a new owner of a Latitude, 2012 diesel – loving the car.
It recently had its 45,000 service – capped price was good BUT was advised that it needed new front disc rotors and pads, I ended up getting them done.
After talking with a few people I’m starting to feel ripped off that they insisted that this needed to be done.
Has anyone else had any similar issues with the brakes?
Cheers

I've had similar issues with my last two new Renaults at the same service centre. On replacement of rotors and pads at about 35000 Km my cars have sailed past another 65000 Km before needing any other brake attention. It's probably the reason that Renault service centre is no longer a dealer or service centre. They will all try you on, so use a set of measuring calipers on your rotors to ensure they are out of spec before agreeing to a change.

Last edited: