Latitude Hints, Tips and Problems

Except an RS Megane with an auto /dsg :confused: The model is available in UK.

Which is the very reason I'm looking elsewhere!

Obviously not ADR compliant, Rob. Yet.

Seems funny that they only supply a DSG in the Clio RS "to broaden it's appeal" but can't make the same connection for the Megane RS>?

Last edited:
Obviously not ADR compliant, Rob.

Surely you jest?

WTF should an auto, fully compliant overseas, make a vehicle in Australia non compliant with ADRs.
Why is the Clio compliant with ADRs then?

Nearly every other Renault model is available in manual or auto/dsg.

It's a marketing decision by Renault. Limited thinking in my opinion.

Or their autos peg out at 160kw and they won't develop a DSG.

Either way I protested with my wallet and chose another vehicle from a different marque.

View attachment 59329View attachment 59330View attachment 59331View attachment 59333

As you can see, what we get, is different to what other markets get.

After doing a little research on the vehicle that you have shown in attach #3. It is actually a Samsung SM5 variant of the Maxima/Latitude/Samsung. This is obvious from the grille "meat ball" (also on the number plate SM5!)

Renault Samsung SM5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So the lack features/ different appearance is possibly not a Renault issue but rather a different manufacturers version of the vehicle platform.

The joy of Global platfrom sharing!

After doing a little research on the vehicle that you have shown in attach #3. It is actually a Samsung SM5 variant of the Maxima/Latitude/Samsung. This is obvious from the grille "meat ball" (also on the number plate SM5!)

Renault Samsung SM5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So the lack features/ different appearance is possibly not a Renault issue but rather a different manufacturers version of the vehicle platform.

The joy of Global platfrom sharing!

Actually, the Latitude/SM5 is based on the current Laguna platform, not the Maxima, as most people believe.

The Renault Latitude is a rebadged Samsung SM5, which we all know. The car started out as the Samsung SM5 and then Renault decided to use the Korean factory to export the car to other world markets as the Renault Latitude and also the Renault Safrane. It was also a way to use up capacity for the factory, as sales were low in Korea and still are.

Up until last year, Australia was one of the bigger export markets for the model, but this year, sales have almost dried up.

As you can see, it doesn't matter what it's called, Safrane, Latitude or SM5, they all have the same new facelift, except for some reason, Australia misses out.

Attachments

• 2014 Renault Safrane.jpg
    2014 Renault Safrane.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 941
  • 2014 Renault Latitde.jpg
    2014 Renault Latitde.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 582
  • 3664349921330230808.jpg
    3664349921330230808.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 806
Last edited:
The Australian Nissan Altima doesn't get the face lift either.

first article.jpg

So possibly it's a market compliance (or pricing) issue.

Latitude LED pics

Upgraded 2012 Latitude Luxe diesel to LED lights ... 1st pic is old number plate top left vs LED - 2nd Sun Visor/vanity bulb old top vs LED - 3rd Front Parking top old yellow looking vs white LED - 4th pic entry/down lights old top vs LED ... The insides now look nice and white, the boot can actually see whats in there :) Very happy and very simple to install ... well have not installed in door yet as could not find a lip to get screw driver tip under may wait to get serviced and ask to take off in case crack :)

collage_20140817154731483_20140817154743026.JPGcollage_20140817155453873_20140817155500515.JPGcollage_20140817155717024_20140817155728122.JPGcollage_20140817155334020_20140817155339931.JPG

wife got in car 1st time since did LED and she went 'wow, what a difference' ....so good upgrade :)

Last edited:
This probably because Renault are not advertising the latitude, only the megane, so of course sales will fall. Just having a car on the showroom floor will not generate sales. Given the shut down of Ford and Holden its a golden opportunity for Renault with the latitude. One person quoted me he bought a special edition holden for $75,000 and said it had plenty of power but compared to the latitude equipment he saw in my car he considered he would have done better with the latitude.
I would recommend QA be looked into at the factory as my car turned up with the Blind spot warning light/buzzer wired up for left hand drive not right hand.

Palah your light upgrade looks very good as i find the lights inside are hard to read by not bright enough for me, will be looking into getting the set, can you post link.

Last edited:
Yeah sure will find and post very happy with but always been a light guy (had 4 x airplane spotters on old slr torana :) not sure if yours has a yellowish parking light as mine was out of place with nice white headlights, led improves look there as well as comes in pack but they describe as tail lights...

Via the aussiefrogs App

Here is the link ... have no affiliation whatsoever dont know except product brought was sent and works ... hopefully you will experience same... The price will be about $5 more with paypal etc and ours came in about a week ... the package will fit in mailbox :) No instructions came with but they sent when asked can post if need ... pays to read section 5.?? of owners manual as tells how to replace blubs Tip: wait a bit before changing the blubs get hot 🔥

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/19x-Xeno...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item258e466838

Last edited:
Drove the latitude up to central coast NSW today and it performed fine set cruise to 114 (heavy rain backed off a bit) and it happily went up some rather steep hills and kept speed without input (kia goes up same fine but need to push accelerator and more ruckus... So a good cruiser did not fill up tank so not sure of fuel ⛽

Via the aussiefrogs App

Drove the latitude up to central coast NSW today and it performed fine set cruise to 114 (heavy rain backed off a bit) and it happily went up some rather steep hills and kept speed without input (kia goes up same fine but need to push accelerator and more ruckus... So a good cruiser did not fill up tank so not sure of fuel ⛽

Via the aussiefrogs App
remember it's a latitude not an altitude.

When said backed off... Meant down to 90 ish in the 110 zone :)

also have to comment on windscreen wipers .... they are basically silent in operation only time heard was at full pelt (bucketing down) and every now and then, heard some noise from screen at top of arc as changed direction ... all other times nothing

Via the aussiefrogs App

Last edited:
Another TIP: Don't forget to update your maps ...will need a card reader so take card out of dash (settings - remove card) don't just take out :) and plug into e.g laptop/pc/reader as long as connected to internet it will take to Tom Tom site....will need to create account... You get 90 days free upgrades but mine is past and still updated today :).. it will give prompt to buy 12 months but suggest don't unless it no longer updates. Mine gave error messages (just click OK ) both times but still updated fine... When re-install in car it will update system (see a spinning hour glass) may take a few minutes (dont remove card or turn off system) ...presto new maps (the latest version gives more sounds & other features to alert to traffic lights etc)

just a shame you dont get the speed from the sat-nav displayed on the "front screen", and have to go hunting thru the menu's to get the speed displayed...

FWIW i like the look of the Latitude, and in terms of resalse (which i know will suck being a Renault) i think it will help that it doesnt look too different to the newer model

G'day mates,
I am newcomer just bought a Latitude 3.5 2days ago.I've got an issue with satnav. I received a memory card with Renault badge on it for Satnav but when I put it in the Slut, it says NO MAPS FOUND!! I checked it on my laptop and there is nothing on the card, empty!
Anybody has got any idea what I can do?! can somebody do me a favour and email me a copy of his own memory card content? I can paste it on my card then and it might work.
By the way, Since Latitudes are not many outside it is awesome that Latitude owners are here so we can help each other with any issues.
Cheers

G'day mates,
I am newcomer just bought a Latitude 3.5 2days ago.I've got an issue with satnav. I received a memory card with Renault badge on it for Satnav but when I put it in the Slut, it says NO MAPS FOUND!! I checked it on my laptop and there is nothing on the card, empty!
Anybody has got any idea what I can do?! can somebody do me a favour and email me a copy of his own memory card content? I can paste it on my card then and it might work.
By the way, Since Latitudes are not many outside it is awesome that Latitude owners are here so we can help each other with any issues.
Cheers

Welcome to the Latitude family MOHSEN! What year and spec is yours?

Have you tried going back to the Renault dealership you brought the car from? They'll be able to fix it straight away and get you up and running in no time.

Welcome to the Latitude family and yes we can help each other with any issues as ILaguna has done here.

G'day mates,
I but when I put it in the Slut, it says NO MAPS FOUND!! I

Would try the slot on the dashboard :) doubt will work anywhere else :) but as others have said take to proper Renault dealership even if brought private as should fix

And Welcome to forum

Last edited:
Thank you iLaguna and Palah
Thank you all mates
I am really happy that here we can exchange info on our cars.
I try to be more active here, just trying to get used to the forum format.
the issue with GPS stick memory car is sorted by dealer. Actually they had 2 Latitude for sale exactly alike. I bought one of them.
The car is petrol 3.6 and 14600 on the clock.
I didn't see what they did cause they took the car to the workshop and then they took the other one as well until the guy came back and said "sorted, the memory card was faulty",
I reckon they swapped the card with other Latitude there.:)
The other issue is the fuel consumption which is very high, 22L/100 for city. I expected 15-17l
As I have noticed almost all Latitudes here in this forum are 2.0 diesel!?
who's got a petrol type comment on fuel plz.
There are 2 rubbers at either side of the rear blind top bar. I found them in half smashed. Looks like they are melted due to heat of sun or rear screen.
I attach picture when I can.