G'day,

found one lonely froggie....

attachment.php

something about a two cylinder limo on the back window.... :D

cheers,
Bob

That is a VERY nice-looking car ! And great colour combo

G'day,
no idea on opening time, probably when they wake up.... :) they mostly camp on site.
Bob

Hi. Well I had an enjoyable half day out at Lake Goldsmith. What a treasure this site and organisation is. It has the advantage of a common location for historical equipment, static and working displays. Also where common minded people gather, there are the synergies that arise from that "rubbing of shoulders", and the sharing of technologies and skills for repairing and restoring the engines and equipment from yesteryear.

I also really like that in addition to engines there are displays of associated equipment for example: dairy's, Howard rotary hoes and market gardens, Ferguson system tractors and implements, shearing etc.

If anyone has any mechanical curiosity or interest, it is well worth attending.

120th Lake Goldsmith Steam Rally

October 29 & 30th 2022

RALLY CANCELLED DUE TO THE RAIN

I heard that they copped about a metre through a lot of the site..... :(

At Skipton there was about 2'-3' through the court house, and it's only been around ten years since the last time.... :(

Bob

Hi.

Thats a pity.

I did however attend the event at the Ballarat airport last Saturday. It was a mini Lake Goldsmith, with engine displays and also some farm machinery working displays. Also it was an eye opener to see the many clubs that use the old infrastructure at the airport for their club rooms including model railway, Rotary SH books, Ronaldson & Tippet, Blacksmithing, hot rods, farm machinery etc. Also the Rover car club had vehicles on display.

Cheers.

Yes, a very enjoyable day at the airport. I left the Rover at home and drove the '27 Crossley. John and Janet came in the vintage Chrysler. A great atmosphere.