Lake Goldsmith

There's LOTS of that old stuff up here in the Landlord's Scrapyards. Like old EMD/Alco/GE & Fairbanks-Morse Diesel Locomotives? There's quite a few of 'em here. Lots of old Railroad Tankcars/Boxcars and such. Also LOTS of old Construction Equipment. The Boy's just got done cutting up a 1924 Buffalo-Springfield Steamroller which had been in the No-2. Yard since the early 50's. Since none of the Brother's produced any Offspring,and,as they get older,they're going to start scrapping like crazy in the next few Years(if not SOONER..). LOTS of neat stuff is going to get cut up.

G'day,

you'd reckon that they would be better off having an auction, or open house, bring a spanner pay at the gate..... :)

cheers,
Bob

He's been down that Road before and it works out well,but there's some things People just don't want...like,a 1948 CAT Road-Grader,or,a 1936 Mc-Cormik-Deering Logging Truck,or a 1936 Schramm mobile Air Compresser...you name it,these Guy'z probably have it. Somewhere.

G'day,

there you go, it's like the cars, in the US they toss 'em, and look at all the ponies and ancient chevs that end up 'ere. Caterpillar featured in the Lake Goldsmith spring session last year, some giant machinery there, and ancient. You'd have to be well off though to ship old machinery !

I reckon that you could find a fella there that collects, and, more importantly, restores, pretty well any machinery item you could think of, as I mentioned above, a living breathing museum. :approve:

Even the Government has gear there, on permanent loan, because of the attitude of the group. Not sitting as a static display, or hidden away, somewhere. :headbang:

cheers,
Bob

November 4th & 5th 2017

G'day,

time to give this one a bump, on again in a few short weeks... :approve:

Programme to feature John Deere this time Lake Goldsmith Steam Rally - Home or, Jack Expensive, depending on your point of view... :)

Always worth the visit, lots of steam toys and old stuff that works - bring the old car and you get in for free... :tongue:

cheers,
Bob

May 5th & 6th 2018

G'day,

bump time, this weekend... :headbang:

Featuring "Fire Fighting Appliances and A Salute to the CFA" with a bit of luck there wont be lots of election posters.... just lots of elderly trucks.

It's all been said above, but, allow yourself a full day !!

cheers,
Bob

112th Lake Goldsmith Rally Nov 3 & 4 2018

G'day,

bump time.... :headbang:

Featuring old time road making this time, bound to be a great show. Book/tool/steam-toy/antique sellers lurk there around every corner, so bring your wallet, and allow lots of time.... :D

cheers,
Bob

G'day,

this weekend with one and two cylinder tractors to the fore....

https://www.lakegoldsmithsteamrally.org.au/

you know, the ones that go kchoonk-kchoonk-kchoonk.....:approve:

cheers,
Bob

Yes, I know what you mean, I spent my school holidays back at the farm, often on our Model D John Deere. Classic sounds and memories. I must try to get there one day, maybe next year?

Cheers.

G'day Chris,

next one is November.... :)

I dare say we could find you a bed.

cheers,
Bob

Sadly that event weekend clashed with a Camera Committee commitment to support an event our Victorian committee sponsored, a camera market in the Adelaide suburb of Norwood.

We saw the signs as we drove through to Adelaide I am sure it would be a worthwhile event for any tractor fanatic. Love old tractors, but on the way back had the delightful experience of catching up with a certain Citroen tragic who has more than the average collection of engineering marvels. Thanks Roger! and we also made a recommended stop at George Taylor's Store at Grassmere Junction where I wandered the store examining their collection of Vintage and rare motorcycles and all the wonderful tools and bits and pieces that one would like to have access if farming or just repairing mechanical bits and pieces or doing odd jobs and restoration around a house, veritable treasure trove of tools and nuts bolts, washers and interesting stuff.

Not as interesting to my good lady, but then she had also had the delight of exploring the wheat secondhand store at Warracknabeal that is absolutely chock a block with antiques and trash and treasure bits to explore, we looked at lots of interesting things, but all I bought was a local Stawell gold mines history book that in itself is a goldmine of information and all at the princely sum of $6 and I was very happy to pay that.

So missed the rally Bob, hope it went well. Will catch up later.

Ken

Bump....

G'day fellas,

Lake Goldsmith is this weekend.... :headbang:

cheers,
Bob

I must try to get there one day, maybe next year (2019)?
Cheers.

Has been listed on my calendar, but again not able to get there this year. I live in the wrong place - for some things! Enjoy the day.

there's always one...

G'day,

found one lonely froggie....

attachment.php

something about a two cylinder limo on the back window.... :D

cheers,
Bob

Attachments

• DSCN9683b.JPG
    DSCN9683b.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 745
and some excitement....

G'day,

attachment.php

Lake Goldsmith was great yesterday. They had some excitement on Saturday though. Only injury was a woman that was firing and had some bits of wood fall on her, "Worksafe" are going to be there today to reign terror upon the club committee.

It's pretty obvious that the operator wasn't too bright. A steady foot was placed in a drain full of water, with obvious mud everywhere underfoot, recent heavy rain, you have to wonder..... These guys all get their boiler tickets, but it seems they have not had basic crane education.

cheers,
Bob

Attachments

• DSCN9664b.JPG
    DSCN9664b.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 384
G'day,

attachment.php

Lake Goldsmith was great yesterday. They had some excitement on Saturday though. Only injury was a woman that was firing and had some bits of wood fall on her, "Worksafe" are going to be there today to reign terror upon the club committee.

It's pretty obvious that the operator wasn't too bright. A steady foot was placed in a drain full of water, with obvious mud everywhere underfoot, recent heavy rain, you have to wonder..... These guys all get their boiler tickets, but it seems they have not had basic crane education.

cheers,
Bob

Why didn't it right itself? Can't the bucket "push" out along the length of the arm and push it back onto the wheels ? I'm betting they have done that dozens of times in its working life with it.

G'day,

the thing is mainly a mass of wire ropes and pullies driven by winches for operations. I'm not sure how the bucket arm is moved in and out but it will likely be simple, no hydraulics here.... :)

cheers,
Bob

Had a bad day Sunday, was intending, but.... got cheesed off?

Sorry we didn't make it Bob, my good Lady did suggest making the trip on Sunday, but due to an upset stomach that disrupted sleep, I was in no mood to make the trip. felt lousy all day! Sounds like a good event, drama and all to add to it, cold dreary weather though.

Maybe next year! Maybe it was eating that weird Warrnambool Heritage cheese that was on sale at Shepparton, it was Maple and Toffee flavour,:eek: of course we only bought it because some person in Skipton seems to like their Warrnambool cheeses.. Creamy texture, strong Maple flavour and yes toffee ?

But then my good lady had some and didn't complain, so could have been something else I had.:wink2:

Ken:)