LAGUNA: Warning Sidelights Faulty

Aquadust

Fellow Frogger
Hi All
My laguna computer started reporting that the sidelights are faulty. however guess what. I can't see anything wrong with any light in the car. as soon as I switch the headlights on, I get the WARNING SIDELIGHTS FAULTY. but nothing seems to be faulty, I mean what is the SIDELIGHTS anyway :mad: . has anyone heard about this. I looked up the internet. and there is a similar question out there on ANDYSPARES forum but no one have answered it. I was hopeing some of you guys might have been through the hoops on this one.
Thanks for all your help. :cool:

Aquadust:
Hi All
My laguna computer started reporting that the sidelights are faulty. however guess what. I can't see anything wrong with any light in the car. as soon as I switch the headlights on, I get the WARNING SIDELIGHTS FAULTY. but nothing seems to be faulty, I mean what is the SIDELIGHTS anyway :mad: . has anyone heard about this. I looked up the internet. and there is a similar question out there on ANDYSPARES forum but no one have answered it. I was hopeing some of you guys might have been through the hoops on this one.
Thanks for all your help. :cool:
Sidelights are the parking lights. Check the bulbs first, then the next check would be to check that the bulbs are seated properly in their sockets and that any earths in the circuit are good.

I had this in my R25, but it was with an embarresed look on my face that I noticed that one rear parker was indeed out where there are two lights next to each other. A quick glance to check the lights didnt reveal the fact that one side was a bit dimmer than the other... :rolleyes:
I can only imagine that the talking computer registers a drop in resistance in a circut to determine a blown globe??? If this is right, I'd be checking all the connection and globe for good connections. If a globe is loose and flickering, it may be enough to set off the computer but still be alight when you look.

Haakon

YOU ARE A CHAMP dude.. head_ban
you are dead right it was the left side park light it's impossible to see it when the head lights are on but when I only turn the park lights on, it sure is out.
I haven't replaced it yet but this is a good start.
thanks again all of you guys.
I knew you would save the day.. :D

Trust in the talking reno, it is all knowing and doubting it will only make you look silly wink whistle

<small>[ 31 October 2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Haakon ]</small>