Laguna 2 Estate - Tail gate not Locking

IWS

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
As the thread title says - the tailgate will not latch and lock when closed. Any one have experience with this problem? And better still (!) able to advise a cure?
(To complicate things - I'm travelling, currently in Canberra - and have NO tools at all with me (not even a screwdriver) :(.

Ian.

I had a similar thing happen to my Laguna 1 V6.

When I pulled it apart I found that a nylon gear inside the lock had lost some of its teeth.

Knowing how Renault use the parts bin mentality the lock is most likely used in several of the Laguna models.

The best thing I can suggest for security is to park the car where you can reverse in up against a wall or a fence so that it is impossible to reach the lock.

I had a similar thing happen to my Laguna 1 V6.

When I pulled it apart I found that a nylon gear inside the lock had lost some of its teeth.

Knowing how Renault use the parts bin mentality the lock is most likely used in several of the Laguna models.

The best thing I can suggest for security is to park the car where you can reverse in up against a wall or a fence so that it is impossible to reach the lock.
I suspect something like this is the problem. Will not be able do anything until I get back to Melbourne.
Because the tailgate will lock the doors will not lock either :( so have removed anything of any value from the car and have parked under a bright light, and a security camera.

Ian.

I suspect something like this is the problem. Will not be able do anything until I get back to Melbourne.
Because the tailgate will lock the doors will not lock either :( so have removed anything of any value from the car and have parked under a bright light, and a security camera.

Ian.
I forgot about that annoying feature that if one of the doors does not lock, non will lock on the Laguna ii. 😟

Reactions: IWS