Koleos screen reboot loop

juzza1

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi, hoping someone can help. Started the car to drive as per normal and all of a sudden, my 2017 Renault Koleos touchscreen went black. It then started to go into a perpetual reboot loop. Plays the start up tune and rlink logo, shows up main screen for approx 4 seconds before it reboots. I have tried the touch and hold of the power button for 5 seconds to invoke a system restart. Did not solve the problem. I also notice 2 faint "thud" "thud" from the speaker when it goes off and attempts to reboot/start up again. The dash screen also flashes a light green as it reboots.

I have not done any software update nor do anything different. Problem appeared out of the blue. With the touchscreen inoperable, the radio, reverse camera and parking sensors etc all do not work. No way to adjust AC but I can still turn AC on using the physical "AC Auto" button. I was hoping to see if replacing the multimedia fuse might help, but I can't locate the fuse box. Nowhere near where the manual says it is supposed to be. Is it worth disconnecting the car battery's negative terminal for a few hours to see it will help? Any advise will be most appreciated!

Thank you.

Just saw this post. Not a good thing to happen. I can't suggest what is wrong, other than checking the connections, but I don't know how to access that area.
I do have some extensive information on the fuses (see my other post re fuses), and I will have a look to see if I can find anything relevant. Will try to post later today.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I have a Renault tech dropping by this morning to plug his computer in to try and diagnose. If he does find anything, I will post it. Will also see if he knows where the other fuses are. Was going to take it to a Renault Dealership but they quoted $247 just to take a look. The mobile Renault tech was $110.

Just saw this post. Not a good thing to happen. I can't suggest what is wrong, other than checking the connections, but I don't know how to access that area.
I do have some extensive information on the fuses (see my other post re fuses), and I will have a look to see if I can find anything relevant. Will try to post later today.
Hi Fordman, just updating you and anyone else who is interested. So I had Renault Osborne Park look at my car as the mobile mechanic wasn't able to help as he he did not have the update software. He did give it a good go. $500 later, all they had for me was that the radio headunit itself needs to be replaced as it is faulty - according to Renault Techs. Touchscreen is fine. I was quoted $3175 to get the unit replaced. Absolutely crazy as the car is likely worth on $15K (fully working!) if I were to trade it in today. There are second hand head units available at wreckers. But as far as I know, head units are tied to VINs and not to mention to replace one, involves removing the dash. I am still not 100% convinced it is a unit fault. What I know hasn't been tried is a full power off and on. I was thinking about pulling the battery and leaving it disconnected for 30mins before re-connecting just to see if reboot fixes any connectivity glitches. Do you think that is worth a go and if so, will it render my radio inoperable without an authentication code? I don't seem to see that anywhere in my original books and documents supplied by Renault when I bought it new. Thanks Fordman!

Sorry, this is a bit out of my league, can't really help, and I sympathise because it may happen to me one day.

I don't know if the radio needs a security code after disconnection - and if it did, the dealer is obliged to give it to you if you produce the registration papers in your name, as far as I know.

And disconnecting the battery is possibly a good move (only move available?), but maybe the same effect could be from removing the Radio fuse (#5 on attached document) and/or the Multimedia fuse (#6).

Diagram in attachment below as in my thread on Koleos Fuses:

Attachments

• Fuses Koleos extract - Pax Compt LH.pdf
    81.1 KB · Views: 47