Koleos Register

my parents 2010 Koleos has a full sized spear and a cooled glove box. Was this removed from later models?

my parents 2010 Koleos has a full sized spear and a cooled glove box. Was this removed from later models?

Yes, regrettably it has, since 2014 I think though not too sure. The spare now is a non-matching steel wheel. I was told that "studies showed" (don't you love that expression!) that the average punter gets maybe one puncture in five years and therefore does not need to carry an expensive heavy spare. As you probably know, some other makes now only give you a pressure pack and no wheel at all.
Regarding the cooled glove box: we found that very useful to keep sandwiches and drink bottles cool, especially in Queensland. I notice that there is merely a blank plug in place of the adjustable air outlet as before. Perhaps the hose connection interfered with the replacement of the pollen filter that sits behind the glove box. It does, but I found that it is easily disassembled and re-assembled.

Hi,

Sean here from Gympie, QLD.
Just purchased a 2008 Renault H45 Koleos 4x2 Petrol Dynamique 98k. Wanted to get the diesel 4x4 but guy sold it on me so had to take second best petrol one from another dealer. $2500 cheaper than the diesel. Really enjoy it. Drives well and tows well (max I use is 700kg).

Well logging in the register. Picked up a 2015 petrol Bose last week. Nice place to spend ones time. It's my partners car. I'm in a 172 and have owned it for 11 years and plan on keeping it. I've had a 16TS, Fuego Turbo 2ltr, 1.4 Clio, 2002 Laguna and the 172 over the years. All decent cars. The Fuego taught me a lot as it was a real handful. Favourites were the 16 (10 years I drove it I guess) an the 172 is an excellent car. Here's to the Koleos. It's the highest creature feature spec car I have had in the drive. Quite the opposite car to the 172 which is nice. Sort of reminds me of the 16 strangely enough. Very practical for a daily for my partner. She loves it. Feel free to share your experiences with me. I'm a long term member of OZRenaultsport forum. This forum is a lot quieter! I also like to understand me cars on a deeper level and thoroughly enjoy problem solving although I get the feeling not a lot of that will be happening with the Koleos being only 1000k's on the clock and 4 years of warranty left .. Still I can source and read manuals :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh if someone knows where I can get a manual or two then let me know. I might be able to get access to Diagolys however this becomes harder with each major revision of the software.

New Koleos owner, 3014 Expression, new to forum. We are very happy with the vehicle so far

Boy like to see what a 3014 Koleos looks like :) congrats on the purchase. We are loving ours. Coated it full in a polymer polish last weekend. Give it a few more coats over the coming weeks. Hopefully in 14 years it'll look brand new like my RS172 does!

New bie in forum , first time own renault car. I hope i can get some expert on this forum to help me. I bought a car koleos 2012 bose edition 2.5 L. Still 1 year left over for factory warranty. I just family with bmw on my life so. I hope i can get help form you guy. Have a nice day

New bie in forum , first time own renault car. I hope i can get some expert on this forum to help me. I bought a car koleos 2012 bose edition 2.5 L. Still 1 year left over for factory warranty. I just family with bmw on my life so. I hope i can get help form you guy. Have a nice day

Hello changdangnz, welcome to this forum. Glad to see that you have purchased a Koleos. Good choice. If you need technical help with your Koleos then go to the other thread on here that is titled "Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems." that covers a lot of technical stuff already. If not, just post your question and you will probably receive helpful responses from our knowledgeable members.

Last edited:
G'Day folks. Found this forum and am wading my way through the past posts and thought I better throw out my details. I just picked up a used black 2011 Koleos Dynamique MY10 Auto 4X4 Petrol with 85K km on it for $12K. According to Redbook, this is at the low end of the pricing range for this model with that many Km's on it. I looked at a new one back in 2014 at Unley Nissan and was quite impressed with it, but decided to go with an X-Trail at the time and am really happy with it. Up until a few days ago, I rode a motorbike and my wife drove the X-trail, but my advancing years and a bout with bowel cancer put paid to my riding days so the hunt was on for a car to replace the bike. I was looking for a used X-Trail, but the prices were out of my budget and that's when I saw the Koleos. Boy, they certainly don't hold their value very well, which surprises me considering their X-Trail symbiosis, but be that as it may, it actually suits me at the moment and I have what I consider to be a very richly featured car for the price. So far, only 2 things are annoying me and that is the left hand indicator stalk and the crazy silver trim around the GPS binnacle. I have hit the wipers a few times in error, but am getting used to it gradually. Problem is, when I go to drive the X-Trail, I hit the wipers there too! :rolleyes: Anyone have tips on removing the silver trim so I can paint it black? Better get back to reading those older posts just in case it's already been mentioned. Great forum.. thanks for having me. :)

G'Day folks. Found this forum and am wading my way through the past posts and thought I better throw out my details. I just picked up a used black 2011 Koleos Dynamique MY10 Auto 4X4 Petrol with 85K km on it for $12K. According to Redbook, this is at the low end of the pricing range for this model with that many Km's on it. I looked at a new one back in 2014 at Unley Nissan and was quite impressed with it, but decided to go with an X-Trail at the time and am really happy with it. Up until a few days ago, I rode a motorbike and my wife drove the X-trail, but my advancing years and a bout with bowel cancer put paid to my riding days so the hunt was on for a car to replace the bike. I was looking for a used X-Trail, but the prices were out of my budget and that's when I saw the Koleos. Boy, they certainly don't hold their value very well, which surprises me considering their X-Trail symbiosis, but be that as it may, it actually suits me at the moment and I have what I consider to be a very richly featured car for the price. So far, only 2 things are annoying me and that is the left hand indicator stalk and the crazy silver trim around the GPS binnacle. I have hit the wipers a few times in error, but am getting used to it gradually. Problem is, when I go to drive the X-Trail, I hit the wipers there too! :rolleyes: Anyone have tips on removing the silver trim so I can paint it black? Better get back to reading those older posts just in case it's already been mentioned. Great forum.. thanks for having me. :)

Hi Wombat1955! Welcome to "the club"! I can assure you that driving whilst wearing a decent pair of polarized sunglasses during daylight will remove all traces of that silver surround! (As well as being nice to your eyes!)

Thanks, Kim, good to be here. I have to be careful with the type of sunnies that I wear as my eyes cannot adapt if they are too dark. Not sure if polarized come in light shades.

Hi Wombat,

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Koleos club. Re the dash silver trim, another option you might consider is getting a moulded dash mat. I got one to primarily protect the dash top from the sun, but an added benefit is that it also covers up this silver trim and saves your eyes!

Shevron make one for the Koleos, they are easy enough to to find online. Let me know if you want to see a photo or anything.

Matt

Hi Wombat,

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Koleos club. Re the dash silver trim, another option you might consider is getting a moulded dash mat. I got one to primarily protect the dash top from the sun, but an added benefit is that it also covers up this silver trim and saves your eyes!

Shevron make one for the Koleos, they are easy enough to to find online. Let me know if you want to see a photo or anything.

Matt

Hi Matt. I saw those in a previous post and looked at their site, but I've never been real keen on them. However, it is still an option and if you could post a picture, it might make me change my mind. :)

BTW, did you get a black or coal?

Last edited:
Have you got a pair of these left?
Mine are stuffed and need replacing.
If you don't have any, can you let me know where you got yours from?

Thanks
Bob

Hey Fellas,

Just an update, I have bought a small number of RH/LH sets of these in from overseas.
I have them on eBay if your interested. $106.95 for a pair + $20 shipping
Cheaper for a pair than 1 side alone !

Renault Koleos Front Windscreen Rain Channels Parts 66894 JY00A AMP 66895 JY00A | eBay

Happy New Year

Hi everyone,
Joining the Koleos family (And Aussie Frogs actually) with my new 2017 Koleos Zen 4x2.
Loving the car so far however have a couple (maybe a lot) of questions regarding R-Link2 stuff. I'll make a separate thread on this. haha.

Anyway, Great to be here!

As mentioned in the other koleos thread, I am now a proud owner of a 2013 privilege diesel in pearl white. 40k km on the clock.
It was a one owner car, owned by a young man with a wife and two small children, who was one of the nicest people i have ever met.

During his ownership of the car he didn't agree with renault's 15k km service interval so had it serviced every 5k km instead by an independent garage. That means instead of being serviced twice, it has had its oil changed 7 times!!!
I could hear the difference between this car and the one serviced 'by the book'.

The old saying 'If something seems too good to be true…..It probably is', kept resonating in my head when deciding to buy this car, as apart from one tiny dent on the rear quarter, and a scratch or two on the carpet in the boot (from the pram) this car was absolutely spicko. like a new car.
Even had new tyres!

Have owned the car about a week now, and am absolutely loving it. 7.4 is the number I see on the dash for litres of fuel used per 100km.
Also, the aforementioned proverb is starting to fade….This really is that good.

One thing worth mentioning... Was thinking of getting a C4 picasso, or a pug 308, but on a trip away in the camry, twice, really badly scraped the nose of the car. One time I had to get out and bang it back into position as it was falling off.

Now i do 3 point turns in peoples badly designed driveways with reckless abandon, knowing nothing in the urban environment is going to challenge this vehicle or my choice of places to drive her.

Jo

Hi everyone!

Total newbie to renault and aussiefrogs but have been stalking this forum for the last week trying to decide whether to take the plunge. I'm about be the owner of a 2012 Diesel Priviledge. Around 39k on the clock and in very impressive condition. I think the most wild place it got a few dents from was a shopping centre carpark.

I was originally looking at an xtrail when the koleos popped up, I felt losing bootspace was 100% trumped by a much nicer looking car, leather seats (mum of three young kids, can't even imagine going back to cloth trim) and I absolutely love those drop down trays for kids. Absolute genius! Not knowing a thing I was pleased to find out it was xtrails better looking french cousin and had few complaints from owners.

Can't wait to get a bit more adventurous, graduating from a mazda 3 MPS thus fully completing my metamorphases from young single with no kids, to full blown soccer mum and camping trips, but in style 😜

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can't wait to get a bit more adventurous, graduating from a mazda 3 MPS thus fully completing my metamorphases from young single with no kids, to full blown soccer mum and camping trips, but in style ��

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You and me both…
Last year a renault megane sports….single, no kids, no wife no dog………Now----wife, kids Koleos (dog to come).
Mind you, kids have now been banned from repeatedly opening and closing windows/trays/blinds.

Jo

You and me both…
Last year a renault megane sports….single, no kids, no wife no dog………Now----wife, kids Koleos (dog to come).
Mind you, kids have now been banned from repeatedly opening and closing windows/trays/blinds.

Jo

Ah Jo the age old progression of man, enjoy life, tis good!:D

Ken:)