Koleos Register

85Fuego

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Righto let's start a Koleos register.
Can transfer Koleos register posts here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose I should register the black beast....................

mine arrived at the dealership today ..... i guess that counts me in too !

My daughter has one on order, a 2WD Dynamique in metalic black, unfortunately, I could not convince her to go for the Diesel, but alas it is now the third French car in the family!

Mine:

January 2009 Dynamic 4x4 Manual 127kW diesel

koleos.jpg

We purchased our Koleos diesel manual 4 Dec 2008 and have done 145k including about 50k towing our A'Van Cruiser. Had a couple of issues with the AC all sorted under warranty. Cooling fans stopped working on a recent trip and this resolved with a forcefull tap to the back of the fan motors. As our A'Van weighs less than 1000kg loaded the Koleos has no trouble towing and give fuel economy of 10l/100km while so doing. 8 or just less normally.

Driving a 2010 dCi 4x4 Dynamique Manual. Purchased for around town and outback touring, have clocked up 90k with about half of those towing a camper trailer. Has exceeded expectations, great around town, fabulous on the open round and its off-road ability (although limited) has given me extra options in the bush. Modifications made include: all terrain tyres, ride-levelling air bags, brake controller and wiring for 12 volt charging to rear accessory plug and towbar.

Last edited:
I should add that our diesel Loleos is 4x4 and as you would expect is set up for towing with the obigitory Hayman Reece electric brake controllor and a second glass mat battery installed inside the spare wheel for the 50l Waco frig. This is in addition to the 3 way frig in our van. I have just had King Springs do a 40mm rear lift with new springs instead of the air bag route but have yet to load up the van.
Will be heading off down the Darling River and out to Broken Hill in April for another little trip and will end up in Vic for a few days

Since I registered today, I should list our car. It's a 2009 (first reg 2010) Privilege (we wanted the beige-toned interior, detesting black) with factory sunroof. Otherwise standard, although we got factory towbar ($1000!!!) and floor mats ($500!!!) It's pearl white, nice colour but would have preferred another as our other car is also pearl white. Trade-in with previous lease car was a deal-breaker, in other words they gave me the lease payout figure for previous car, while other Renault dealers were up to $14,000 less! The Gold Coast dealer had two white ones, the other had ridiculous 20" wheels, ours had huge "Koleos" stickers sides and back which I had removed.

Obviously, our car is petrol. I see you can now, finally, get a diesel Privilege. Interesting to note- there are no badges anywhere on the car denoting trim level. Newer Privileges don't have as nice an interior as ours (even the beige one, which has been "darkened up" somewhat). The satnav would be nice though- my TomTom keeps falling off the slopey dash:)

Bonjour fellow :afplak:

NEW 2013 Koleos Expression 2.4 litre petrol CVT in Pearl White here .....and lovin' it!!!

Select genuine Renault accessories fitted prior to dealer delivery were; floor mat set (carpet type in dark grey), boot mat (carpet type in dark grey), & Renault HD tow bar.

Post delivery: all windows tinted with SolarGard (sic) Quantum 35% film, windscreen excepted; and a DOD LS300W Plus dashcam installed.

In transit: Aftermarket 'rock strainer' radiator protective grille (black), & Shevron DM1112 Dashmate (coal grey).

On the still TBL. Aftermarket boot cargo net (eBay), aluminium door sill trim kits front & rear -non-illuminated type (eBay).

Five days short of one month post delivery with just shy of 1000km 'on the clock'. Renault's 2013 Koleos has exceeded my expectations. My favourite thing? CVT. And it must be said that the level of accessorisation in the 2013 base level Expression just pales the competition, nudging them even at their respective mid-segments. And that's even taking into account the Koleos' otherwise exceptional buying at its current price point. We would choose to buy the same again.

:renplak: FTW!

Welcome kol3oss to the Koleos Klan! How many of us is it now? Eight perhaps? Almost enough for a quorum!
Your praise of the Koleos echoes my own. Pity Renault could not adequately communicate that to the market
and therefore sell thousands of the things here. I am overjoyed that I spied another on the road this weekend.
And don't remind me of "exceptional buying at its current price point". Ouch! That hurts!

I can add mine its a week old koleos series 3 expression 6 speed manual
Hello and welcome Nicole!
I am not the self appointed 'meet and greet' person here, but I feel that anyone who joins this tiny exclusive group of Koleos owners deserves a bouquet! Especially a lady.(Is that sexist? Not meant to be.)
Series 3 must be the latest, with the redesigned 'nose'. I must go and have a look at it, in the flesh, as it were.
Happy motoring!

Thankyou I dont think it is sexist lol. Yes brand new I am enjoying driving it had it for just over a week and have done 1200 kms. Havent seen many others on the road and I quite like that I am not driving the same car as anyone else.

I have a 2009 Dynamic 4x4 Pearl white Petrol. Had it from new and I am very happy.
I already had a motorhome using a Renault Master Van, and was very happy with the vehicle, so I got another Renault.
I have fitted an aftermarket 8" GPS (iGO8)/rear camera monitor, in place of the original binnicle. It looks great, was no problem to fit, after I identified what was in the Australian model.

Pa-Penguin please tell me more about your Master motorhome. This is the way the wife and I would like to go as she likes the security of being able to leave a site without going outside. Currently we are caravaners. 2008 Diesel manual Koleos and A'Van Cruiser.

KenM, I suppose it is more a Campervan, being a converted van. DSC00527.jpgDSC03018T.JPGDSC03402.jpg

It drives like a car, runs at 9.5l/100km over about 5000km. Travels at 100-110 km/hr no problem
Has shower, toilet, M,wave 3burner stove, solar panels,
Has the beds across the rear and they stay made up, (1 double,+3/4 above if needed)
Front seats swivel, original 2 seater is now the dining seat. All reupholstered in yellow leather.
I think it is the perfect touring van, it parks in a standard car space, is not huge on the road (6m long)
It is maybe a bit small for long stays

Hi Koleos owners,
I picked up a 2009 Koleos Privelege 2 weeks ago.
Very impressed so far.
Mineral Beige with Beige interior.
Factory Towbar.
Aftermarket Bluetooth. (which works and connected very easily.)
I live in Newcastle NSW.
60000km on the clock.
My first car to have CVT, takes a bit to get used to the way it works. Last car was an 1999 Audi A6 Quattro so used to normal auto gearbox.
Regards,
Michael

This lot of owner reports will please my good lady as she has been asking about what owners have reported on the performance and perceptions of the Koleos, seems all good so far ! Will watch with interest!!