Koleos oil change

Thank you, Kim. The first link sends to user manual, which sends you to "Service booklet" (non existent on the page), the second link wants money (not sure what they offer).

Third option would be to ask somewhere on an internet forum, methinks.

What oil do these need and what filter? Anyone know where to find these outside Renault dealerships?

Do I need to do anything else at 100kkm?
Hello Herr Schlitzaugen,
I have a feeling you are having us on by asking about the most rudimentary service requirements, but without divulging any information about the vehicle in question, like year of manufacture, model, diesel or petrol, transmission type, and so on, thereby having us guessing about what to recommend. Initially you ask about oil and filter, then progress to the entire list of service items. And lots of helpful people rush to your aid, as we do. Thanks for keeping us all entertained, amused and thinking.

Anyway, here is my contribution: Go to Supercheap or similar. They have listings for most vehicles, including Koleos. I use 100% synthetic Shell Helix 5-40 and Ryco Z445ST filter, same as for Nissan, good for 15,000km of normal driving.
Also, at 100,000km you need a new accessories drive belt,
Have you cleaned out and refilled the cooling system and replaced the spark plugs? Both due at around 60,000km. Have fun with that.

Last edited:
Diesel so no spark plugs.

Accessory drive belt sounds and looks fine, I think I'll leave it alone.

How about timing belt/chain?

Tranny oil? Filter/whatever?

Fuel filter/whatnot?

Thank you, Kim. The first link sends to user manual, which sends you to "Service booklet" (non existent on the page), the second link wants money (not sure what they offer).

For the price of a new Koleos I could probably investigate your query by examining the service handbook. You'd have to make an appointment as I'll have to find it first! Petrol or diesel, manual, elastic bands or slushbox?

Yeah, thanks, Col. That's where Kim's link takes you too. I too found the Penrite link but I guess they recommend their own oils. I am interested in what is recommended by the manufacturer to research a bit what is exactly I should look for in another oil I might use.

I
Yeah, thanks, Col. That's where Kim's link takes you too. I too found the Penrite link but I guess they recommend their own oils. I am interested in what is recommended by the manufacturer to research a bit what is exactly I should look for in another oil I might use.
I thought it was strange that there is not a chart in the "Drivers Manual" specifying the oil grades and specs the oil needs to meet. It just said "refer to the maintenance document for your vehicle" Every owners manual that I have for my Renaults has a chart specifying what the weight and grade of oil has to be.

The other option is to look in the manuals for other Renaults that use your engine and see if they have specs in there, lets face it this is not top secret stuff.

I have been using Penrite oil in my Laguna V6 for the past 5 years with no issues and have found the Pentite oil recommendations to be correct even though they do have a caveat on their site.

You know it would be quicker to go to your nearest supercheap, Repco, Bursons and look it up. They all have screens where you look up your car and it tells you what to use. They stock filters too.
My only suggestion is avoid Ryco filters.
We can post you the correct one if your stuck.

How about asking a question that includes engine type year before you start whinging about the answers you get. You may as well asked what oil and filter does my car use.

What oil do these need and what filter? Anyone know where to find these outside Renault dealerships?

Do I need to do anything else at 100kkm?
Any brand name cartridge (Mann, Purflux) will do.
I do not support RYCO.
Have bought both from EAI and Nissan dealerships.
Consumables will always be cheaper from Nissan as the Koleos & T31 X-Trail are the same under the bonnet.
Engine oil ACEA C4 low ash.
You will need 7.5L to do oil & filter.
Qty is a pain obviously, I wait until specials are on and get 3X5L (2 changes).

Ok, you will need about 7.5 litres of 5W30 synthetic low ash oil. SuperCheap usually has something on sale. Penrite Enviro + C4 diesel is what I normally use. Supercheap only stocks these disposables for the Renault as it is shared with X Trail.
The oil filter is R2660P
The air filter is A1619
The fuel filter is Z891

Dave

My Renault guy suggests a gearbox sevice at about 120k km (6 speed slushbox)

You know what? I have no idea if CVT or old skool. I am inclined to think old school auto because it has the side up/down shift gate (six speeds). Am I right? If that don't cut it, what am I looking for?

What does the g'box service include, Jo?

Last edited:
If it's a 2litre diesel you get a conventional 6 speed auto, if it's a 2.5litre petrol you get CVT.
The CVT also has a up/down gate and 6 speed ranges.

Even more reason to change tranny fluid