Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems

I've had my 2013 Bose edition 2.5l Petrol Koleos for almost a decade and clocked up 220km of almost hassle free driving including a couple of 800km+ trips towing a small boat or a camping trailer. A few years ago, the AC compressor failed and was duly replaced and she's had a couple of CV boot changes but other than that it's been plain sailing. A couiple of weeks ago, I started to notice a faint fuel smell in the cabin. Turns out the top of the fuel module has developed a small crack near one of the outlets. I'm currently waiting on a replacement module to swap in. In the meantime I have used some marine epoxy putty as a temp repair, and am using the car sparingly so as to hopefully avoid becoming a fireball. Youtube shows me that swapping the fuel module is relatively straightforward but has anyone here done it, and are there caveats I need to know?

Your Koleos should be fine with the small amount of towing as my Scenic has done at least 12-15,000 km towing the 4CV, all up trailer weight about 950 kg. I reckon most 'moderns' are good for at least 250,000 km if serviced properly. The issue is not age and km but parts and service. One of the local dealers, all sort of OK in their way, will no longer work on anything older than ten years...
Nullarbor Plain road sign sml.jpg

Your Koleos should be fine with the small amount of towing as my Scenic has done at least 12-15,000 km towing the 4CV, all up trailer weight about 950 kg. I reckon most 'moderns' are good for at least 250,000 km if serviced properly. The issue is not age and km but parts and service. One of the local dealers, all sort of OK in their way, will no longer work on anything older than ten years...View attachment 239821
Thanks John, I have no doubt about the reliability of the Koleos. As I said, it's been mostly trouble free motoring. I turned my back on dealer servicing after the first couple of years and have a brilliant local Bosch mob that have looked after the car since. As I'm approaching the 250k mark, I sense that I may be coming to the end of a good thing as it were. Hopefully I can easily sort out this fuel issue and keep "the baguette" as she's become known on the road for another few years. Of late, I think there's also a glimmer of slow shifting in the transmission which worries me a little. No whining or clunking, just "feels" a tiny bit slower to change gears sometimes. It's almost impercetible and I could be imagining it. I hope so.

One of the local dealers, all sort of OK in their way, will no longer work on anything older than ten years...
Because if it's older than ten years then original parts are not guaranteed to be available. (AKA too hard.)

Thanks John, I have no doubt about the reliability of the Koleos. As I said, it's been mostly trouble free motoring. I turned my back on dealer servicing after the first couple of years and have a brilliant local Bosch mob that have looked after the car since. As I'm approaching the 250k mark, I sense that I may be coming to the end of a good thing as it were. Hopefully I can easily sort out this fuel issue and keep "the baguette" as she's become known on the road for another few years. Of late, I think there's also a glimmer of slow shifting in the transmission which worries me a little. No whining or clunking, just "feels" a tiny bit slower to change gears sometimes. It's almost impercetible and I could be imagining it. I hope so.
Yes, they are pretty good.

My 26 year old Peugeot 306 has most parts sort of available but not original which is why most mechanics refuse to look at it. ☹️

My 26 year old Peugeot 306 has most parts sort of available but not original which is why most mechanics refuse to look at it. ☹️
Oddly, these excellent cars of the 90s are struggles for parts - our excellent Xantia was sold at 20 years partly for that reason, as was the 306. It is easier to get parts for the older cars, like the CX, than the Xantia, or it was. My Renault R8 is dead easy for the few parts it ever needs.

Oddly, these excellent cars of the 90s are struggles for parts - our excellent Xantia was sold at 20 years partly for that reason, as was the 306. It is easier to get parts for the older cars, like the CX, than the Xantia, or it was. My Renault R8 is dead easy for the few parts it ever needs.
Ayah! You make me want a Renault!!!!
(My first frenchie, when I was very tiny, was dad's R16TS) 😁