Koleos dipstick

Thanks Col, never thought it would be in the filler cap!

And yes, I have tried owner's manual, no mention of it anywhere thank you, Renault.

There's probably a good reason it doesn't appear in the owners manual: In 11 years I have never had to add oil between annual (15,000km) 2.0 dCi services. It doesn't seem to use anything measurable.

Oil Level.PNG

There's probably a good reason it doesn't appear in the owners manual: In 11 years I have never had to add oil between annual (15,000km)

So, are you suggesting the Koleos is filled with oil for life ?

Regardless, I'd suggest regular oil level checks are both sensible and prudent. :confused:

So, are you suggesting the Koleos is filled with oil for life ?

Regardless, I'd suggest regular oil level checks are both sensible and prudent. :confused:

I don't disagree, Rob, but you didn't read my post properly! I said I changed the oil at the recommended intervals (15,000 km) and never in 11 years had to add any between oil changes. I also never saw an Oil Low warning message on the instrument panel as in my post #9 above, which corresponds with the fact that the engine uses very little oil. I would check the oil level every now and then with the dipstick but never saw the level drop more than a few millimetres.

I'd suggest it's a similar situation with many/ all modern cars.

I still have the bottle oil I purchased at the time of delivery, unopened in the boot of the Skoda.