Koleos dci turbo pressure sensor fault?

cav91

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi all, need the brains trust again. My koleos (2.0 diesel manual) has brought up this fault code.

DF004 turbocharging pressure sensor circuit.
Short circuit to ground or open circuit.

Originally it went into limp mode. It would come out of limp mode by restarting it, however engine light stayed on. Tried to clear the code, wouldn't clear. So after some research bought a brand new map sensor from eai. Problem solved, or so I thought. Fault code would clear. But after running the engine an switching off it would come back but without engine light. After the 50 km trip home the engine light is back on. All the vacuum lines look good, but I'm not actually sure how to test them. As do the turbo piping.
Where do I look next?

For anyone interested the new map sensor was either faulty or incompatible with my car. Got another and fault is fixed.

Had a similar problem, no one could figure it out including Peter at Frenchtech in Forestville.
I resorted to Col Crawford (shudder) but got a great deal: they couldn't figure it out either but referred me to Andy at C&C Automotive in Brookvale. He identified the issue - turbo pressure sensor - $608 later it's all fixed. Needed the genuine Renault part, no Nissan alternative and obviously none second hand.
C&C Automotive in Old Pittwater Rd - highly recommended!