Key fob configuration Peugeot 406

zayidhs

Tadpole
Hello, good day.

I have a Peugeot 406 and unfortunately, the key fob board/panel got damaged beyond repair.

I got the panel/board from a totalled Peugeot 406, and used it as a replacement for the damaged one (My key + transponder chip + good board/panel).

My question is do I need to relearn the key using PP2000 or is there a way I can get it to work?

Or is there another way?

PS:
I have made a request for the security code from my country's PSA office.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20190919_151444.jpg
    IMG_20190919_151444.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
Depends on the age of the car.
If its a late model, then yes. You will need to relearn all the key fobs, because the process will overwrite any previously stored keys.
You will also need the security code, that would have come with the car on a plastic card.

Also that key is a locked transponder type so you may not be able to relearn it to another car

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Depends on the age of the car.
If its a late model, then yes. You will need to relearn all the key fobs, because the process will overwrite any previously stored keys.
You will also need the security code, that would have come with the car on a plastic card.

It's a 2003 Peugeot 406

Also that key is a locked transponder type so you may not be able to relearn it to another car

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

What I did was take my old transponder with my key and combine with the panel/board from another car.

I want to relearn the keys so it will accept it.

On the other hand, maybe the transponder goes hand-in-hand with the board/panel. Therefore, I have to use both the transponder and panel/board which I purchased and relearn them together.

What do you think?

CC:

@schlitzaugen
@bluefires

Last edited:
2003 is a late model that requires PP2000.
I can confirm that mixing transponders and plip boards is no problem. I have done this myself.
Remember to relearn ALL the keys (spare keys, and so on), because they will be forgotten when you start the relearn process.

I can confirm that mixing transponders and plip boards is no problem. I have done this myself.
Remember to relearn ALL the keys (spare keys, and so on), because they will be forgotten when you start the relearn process.

Thank you so much for this :banana:

Another question.

Can I get the security code through servicebox?

I sent a message to the PSA company requesting the security code. I was told to send proof of ownership which I did but it's over 24 hrs now without response.

Thanks guys

Another question.

Can I get the security code through servicebox?

I sent a message to the PSA company requesting the security code. I was told to send proof of ownership which I did but it's over 24 hrs now without response.

Thanks guys

I got the code from Peugeot.

Will try the relearning tomorrow because I want to get a second key fob.

Will update

That’s not always the case after a certain dam number the chip and board cannot be separated from memory 2002 for 206 and 307

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Hello everyone, hope the weekend is going well.

I'm facing a conundrum with the access code sent by Peugeot.

1. The car was bought (shipped from Spain) as used in November 2016, since then, BSI & ECU haven't been worked on or changed for any reason.

2. Peugeot sent me the access code with respect to the VIN & proof of ownership I sent to them.

3. PP2000 indicated the access code is wrong.

4. I spoke to the Peugeot representative again today and he asked me to confirm what the VIN is on the BSI database - I think he suspects that the BSI was changed.

5. The VIN in the BSI is the same on the car and in every documentation. Now he says till Monday when he'll have to go crosscheck.

6. Please is there any assistance I can get to speed this process? Or can someone here help me confirm the code? Attached is the information from the BSI

The VIN is VF38BRFNF81593594

Thanks guys

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190921_150359_com.android.gallery3d.png
    Screenshot_20190921_150359_com.android.gallery3d.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20190921_150654_com.android.gallery3d.png
    Screenshot_20190921_150654_com.android.gallery3d.png
    919.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I finally got a working access code. It seems the Peugeot representative made a mistake with the VIN

Hello gromzx,

I tried to relearn using my key, my old transponder, a new transponder and two new plip boards in this setup:

Key 1: my key + my transponder + new plip board1

Key 2: my key + new transponder + new plip board2

The first key with my old transponder relearns on first attempt. But the second key keeps trying to relearn unsuccessfully and I'm told to try again in a quarter of an hour.

Any suggestions?

But the transponder seems is a locked type and only can be coded using pp2000 once , the remotes will not work if they are the newer paired type as well.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

What does it say when if fails to program

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

is the new key OE or aftermarket?
Is it possible that the transponder chip is blank?

@dmccurtayne

After access code is accepted

Number of keys set to 2

Key 1 already in, I'm asked to switch off and on, I get "key 1 correctly learnt, remove the key"

I also get "insert the next key in the ignition"

I'm asked again to switch off and then on

But afterwards, I get "check of programming of key 2"

Then I'm asked to remove and insert key 2 which I did two more times each time ending with "check of programming of key 2"

Finally, I get "you have made 3 attempts which have not succeeded. Wait for a quarter of an hour, then restart the learning of the keys"

@ gromzx

1. The two plip boards and transponder were gotten from a scrapyard (from totalled pugs)

2. Only the key (metal) and the transponder from the first setup came with my car - the plip board is damaged beyond repair.

Thanks

It won’t learn because it’s a used transponder and this type gets locked when coded you need new keys no way around it .

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

It won’t learn because it’s a used transponder and this type gets locked when coded you need new keys no way around it .

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Thank you so much, I guessed as much. I'll try to get new ones