Kangoo Break-up....

Having driven both a Prairie and a Berlingo - they are chalk and cheese - the concept mey be superficially the same, but the Prairie had all the structural stiffness of a ripe banana - and that was only if you could make the doors latch properly! clown

The Berlingo drives very much like a 306 - I admit I have not driven one with 800kg up, but it was certainly miles ahead of the Prairie! I assume the Kangoo is much the same (as the Berlingo)

The huge (by Citroen standards) sales of the Berlingo have helped to the point where Ateco can now demand access to models that they would not have dreamed of sending here before - we might even get the fancy super diesels, and the Picasso to boot! cheers!

Paul

Bogmaster,

are you forgetting that the Nissan to which you refer had its ancestry steeped in Renault folklore?

Why of course, Nissan named their space-saving people mover after the Renault Colorale Prairie of 1950. If you look at photos of each there is more than a passing resemblance from many angles. 28000 of them were built I believe.

Nah Kevin, I have a grudging respect for the Prarie..I know a couple of people who still drive them because the car just refuses to die. They are mega roomy even for a lardarse such as myself...but as another frog has indicated that huge sliding door and the absence of a pillar(which of course gives the thing huge potential for the removers of small pianos or large cuts from Renault 8's and 10's) makes the vehicle a bit more flexible than most cars.

The Colorale was a legend...the Nissan namesake was a good idea...but or burt as they say in South Australia..... mallet

renault8&10:
Bogmaster,

are you forgetting that the Nissan to which you refer had its ancestry steeped in Renault folklore?

Why of course, Nissan named their space-saving people mover after the Renault Colorale Prairie of 1950. If you look at photos of each there is more than a passing resemblance from many angles. 28000 of them were built I believe.

Paul, funny you should mention Berlingo sales. I work in the CBD in Perth and there are loads of them around here. They are easily the most common Frog you see, but the Clio is catching up...

Speaking of Nissans, the SCargo is becoming the cargo hauler of choice for the trendy businesses in Perth. Probably quite good, with the 1.5 from the old Pulsar and a dash mounted auto for the Daniels amongst us, in what I'd guess was about 750kgs of weight. Wouldn't drive like a Berlingo though.

Stuey

Hi Stuey,

I can also say that the S-Cargo is nowhere near the Berlingo too - my company has one - the only thing vaguely french is the looks - and that you can park it easily. (And that surprisingly for a Japanese car the electrics are dodgy!) :confused:

It has terrifying handling - I have never even attempted to go fast on a roundabout, the three speed auto is either go or whoa and the fuel economy is appalling for such a small device. :rolleyes:

But on the upside the A/C works well, and the steering is light! approve

And when they were rarer you used to get the strangest looks from people!

Paul