Just saw a great movie - contains old French cars.

simca1100

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
I have just watched a great movie on SBS online.
It will only be on the SBS website another week or so, so hop to it.
Little Nicolas. (Le Petit Nicolas.)
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1124160067581/little-nicolas

I haven't had so much fun watching a movie in ages. Plus it has plenty of 1960s era Frog cars.
I think it is set in French speaking Belgium? Early 1960s?
The family car is a gorgeous 404. Maybe it is actually 2 cars - one minute it has modern black wiper blades, next shot it has period-correct chrome wiper blades. Never mind. It has Dauphines, 403 and 404, I think a 203 van, 2CVs, several Simca Arondes and a Simca 1000, and some other stuff I didn't recognize.
There is a great scene with the boys in a waste area with a damaged van of some sort, what is it?
Towards the the end of the movie there is a street scene with an Ami Break and an equally ugly blue or grey car next to it, what is it? I don't recognize it at all.
I don't want to give any spoilers but it is when the boy is imagining a future...
as Molly used to say, do yourself a favour...

I have just watched a great movie on SBS online.
It will only be on the SBS website another week or so, so hop to it.
Little Nicolas. (Le Petit Nicolas.)
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1124160067581/little-nicolas

------, do yourself a favour...
Hi :)
I was previously happily watching SBS online for a while, then it just stopped working, and gives this message !!
Video Playback Error
Sorry, we’ve encountered an error playing this video. If you have an ad blocker turned on, try turning it off or whitelisting our website before trying again. This may prevent you from loading videos.
I have looked through my settings etc but no joy ! Anybody have any suggestions. On some searching it was suggested that SBS has a shit system. :cry:Is there any quick fix known.
Possibly a windows update may have happened around that time ?
Jaahn

We watch on a smart TV with the SBS app in it.
I vaguely remember that it is troublesome to watch using a browser on a computer. You at least have to set up an account.
You will have more luck with a smart TV, or with the SBS app on a phone or tablet.

We watch on a smart TV with the SBS app in it.
I vaguely remember that it is troublesome to watch using a browser on a computer. You at least have to set up an account.
You will have more luck with a smart TV, or with the SBS app on a phone or tablet.

I just clicked on Simca1100's link above and took me straight to SBS on Demand, I then had to sign into my account. I'm using my desk top PC.

I have had to sign into my account before when using my Sony smart TV, other than that works fine for me.

Hmm thanks for some ideas. I do sign in but the problem occures the next step.
I have downloaded the app on my phone and that works but who want to watch it on a tiny screen. 🥴 It is not simple to get it from there to a big screen. I looked into that but more hardware and BS.
It must be the last bastion of idiots and devients to work on software and consumer electronics, including cars. There is no continuity and every 'great new invention' leads in another different noncompatible direction ??? We are being conned for sure ! :mad::mad:
Jaahn