Jo's public gig guide.

Gig this friday night. 14/jan/2011

New orleans cafe, crows nest. 7-10. (licenced 'family' cafe with outdoor dining)

Moods band.

Jazz, eastern block swing, blues, soul and rock.

Jo

Last edited:
AGhrrr..

This gig is starting to do my head in .:crazy:

I just got a call, there has been a slight mistake and the regular guy is not away, so I am not playing the gig* with The Moods. *(management reserve the right to substitue artist)

However, as this offers me an opportunity to actually hang out, if you still want to keep the plans to go along, I'll come along as a punter, but bring my horn or squeezebox.
Its actually better for me as I get more than 3x15 minute time slots to chat.

Sorry if this throws any plans into jeopardy.

Jo

If a few of you are going to be there, I'm likely to show up at some point during the evening.

AGhrrr..

This gig is starting to do my head in .:crazy:

I just got a call, there has been a slight mistake and the regular guy is not away, so I am not playing the gig* with The Moods. *(management reserve the right to substitue artist)

However, as this offers me an opportunity to actually hang out, if you still want to keep the plans to go along, I'll come along as a punter, but bring my horn or squeezebox.
Its actually better for me as I get more than 3x15 minute time slots to chat.

Sorry if this throws any plans into jeopardy.

Jo

No worries nige,

Karina and I will be there!

No worries nige,

Karina and I will be there!

Great I'll come along for sure now.
I'll bring a female partner too so I dont feel like the spare wheel. :D

See you there.

Jo

Trumpet/organ/accordion.
Sometimes 2 at a time.:crazy:

Jo

Friday night feb 20 collaroy ex services club "the steamers"

Oh dear, has it been that long since a gig worthy of inviting anyone along has come along.
I dont advertise the gigs I dep for wearing laderhosen and playing bavarian folk music...... and that seems to be a lot of my work since the band scene either evaporated or became full povo.

Friday night is an interesting gig, and one I'm inviting all sorts of people to.
An offshoot band put together for a bit of loud fun.
Departing from the usual swing /latin/ jazz standards repetoir of the moods, the band has changed its name to avoid confusion and is now playing blues/rock with an emphasis on british 1960-70's music.
Yardbirds, bowie, rod stewart, and some moderns from hudu gurus, siverchair?? which means the strap has been lowered on the guitar and bass, the volume turned up to 11, the accordion and horns have gone, and its just friging loud hamond organ (clonewheel for the purist :wink2:) and rhodes/wurlie from me.

Probably starts around 8ish....will confirm.

Collaroy beach ex-sevices club is a nice little rsl type club on the beach at collaroy.
Collaroy is unique here on the beaches, because it is the only suburb who's shops are actualy on the beach and not set back a sensible distance.
The back deck of the venue is literally above the beach. location loacation loacation.

So if you are an oldtimer who remebers these tunes the first time around, or you just want something different to do on friday night, come down and see the band.

Cheers jo.

Here is the type of thing to expect...

Last edited:
Hello Folks..

Fri Nov 4, 6-9 pm
If anyone is looking for something to do this friday evening, and fancies a 'picnic' in the park, My band are playing a free public gig in north sydney along side the North Sydney council chambers.
The band is The Moods, a 5 piece 'jazz band' playing tunes from the swing era through to santana and the stones.
It is very much a family type event, with lots of kids running around, but thankfully the fun police stay away and alcohol is permitted.
There is usually food available from stall holders, but best to bring an esky and a blanket to sit on.

Cheers, Jo

http://www.northsydney.nsw.gov.au/Recreation_Facilities/Markets/Twilight_Food_Fair

Hope you have a good night, good weather and an appreciative crowd mate...

Ken