Jo's public gig guide.

jo proffi

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hello.
For anyone looking to check out some of the live music I participate in around the place, here are some of the better gigs.

November 12. 7- 10 pm.
New Orleans Cafe, crows nest. http://neworleanscafe.com.au/
A family friendly licensed indoor/outdoor cafe.

Band: The moods.

A slightly more swingy band than the band I usually play up there with. From gershwin to booker T.
Highly recomended.

Nov 28. New orleans cafe. 7.30-10.30 pm
Band, Groove Farm

Jo

Ps,
This sunday night awards on the tv. Its all very FBI rockstar, so i cant say a thing more :rolleyes:, but keep your eyes peeled for horn sections.

OK Jo which one of the horn section where you? Just as I've never met you face to face, I've got no idea. Cryptic clues if you must!
Did you back Megan Washington as well? Her persona has well and truly changed from librarian to vixen IMHO. It's amazing what almost wearing an outfit will do. Hopefully you didn't have vision whilst playing as I'd find it hard to concentrate.
As to it being surreal as a rock star for the weekend just ask Keef, for him it's been surreal since 1966!:headbang::cheers:

I'm on the trumpet, with boofy hair 2nd from stage center in the 4 horns, so not the bald guy.

Nah, I didn't back her, that was another band, and whilst being more in line with what I normally do, I wasn't on that one.

I gots to say those lovely lasses on BV's more than made concentration hard.
Like the voice of homer resounding in my head..."Dont look at them and get lost... dont look at them and get lost."

Jo

Thank God for that Jo! The sax player had a bad case of the Lou Marino's, circa 1982!
Ever played with Morrison? Top bloke, talented driver and not shabby in his day/night job.
His Missus is totally lovely as well in all ways.
Hopefully you get to tour Melbourne soon, PM me and put/get my name on the door!
OK I'm a cheapskate but fellow Frogger's get out there support live music!:cheers:

nice! 1min & 2:15 you got some coverage... they sure did give a lot to that chubby guy with the mic thouhg

As the lead singer they normally get the most coverage, unless your the "Star" guitarist.
Remember seeing Ray Charles the last time he played in Melbourne, God he was good!
Thankfully he didn't see the big screen as 'Dufus' the camera man concentrated on the capable but "It at Ray, sunshine" guitarist.
Still blew me away! And this after seeing Dylan for the first time the night before! Fitting that the state of Georgia has a classic for it's anthem, makes school assemblies waaay better when you have to sing such a cool song.
p.s. Ian Moss also does a belter of a cover of this!:headbang:

Thank God for that Jo! The sax player had a bad case of the Lou Marino's, circa 1982!
Ever played with Morrison? Top bloke, talented driver and not shabby in his day/night job.
Thats my best mate and sailing buddy. He would be honoured to be likened to blue lou.

Back in the late 1980's, yes I did a few gigs in James's big bad band.
He's a legend, and a great band leader. A real inspiration.

Jo

And you, the collective, proved that 'white men' can dance!:wink2:

Haha tricked you.:roflmao:
Cant dance for shit, but know the left right step and the box step, in fact all the blues bros steps and thats about it.
I can tell you with great certainty that it is impossible to play the blues brothers with choreography, like in the movie, especially 'shake your tail feather'.

Jo

As the lead singer they normally get the most coverage, unless your the "Star" guitarist.
Remember seeing Ray Charles the last time he played in Melbourne, God he was good!
Thankfully he didn't see the big screen as 'Dufus' the camera man concentrated on the capable but "It at Ray, sunshine" guitarist.
Still blew me away! And this after seeing Dylan for the first time the night before! Fitting that the state of Georgia has a classic for its anthem, makes school assemblies waaay better when you have to sing such a cool song.
p.s. Ian Moss also does a belter of a cover of this!:headbang:

Lots of optical jokes here.

Dave

More rock star stuff.

INXS tonight on some radio show at 5 pm. Hamish and andy show.:confused:

Then tomorrow at sparrow fart on the sunrise show. 7.40 and 8.50

Jo

From one television professional to another...

Smile more on camera ;)
You looked pretty sweet playing though, nice suit etc... dunno why the pork chop with the microphone couldnt suit up! hmmm

Solid work Jo!