I've already put my deposit down . . .

How do you put a deposit down on a concept or are you talking about an emotional feeling?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reminds me of the Ford GT90 a concept car i obsessed with as a kid thanks to Need for Speed II

207CC engine management system fault

Hi there. I have had a 207 (2007) for about 8 years and after only 1, started suffering the de-pollution fault saga. recently, i now also have the engine management fault and so googled a possible reason, finding your post from 2016. thankfully, you are still posting and found this thread. i live in FNQ, up the hill from Cairns and wouldn't trust any Peugeot dealer up here to know what the problem is! i see that 'your' mechanic suggested the fuse and a/c solenoid. i checked my fuse and looks fine, except the metal looked slightly tarnished near the plastic, so i cleaned that. the reason i am contacting you is to find out where the a/c solenoid is 'near the condenser'. did you see him replace that? or, can you put me in touch with him! no fair keeping him to yourself!! thanks, Michele. p.s. since this message, my a/c not working, so seems the solenoid may be the culprit.

Last edited:
The dealership in cairns has a good factory trained mechanic worth their minimum charge as a diagnostician (he has fixed stuff just looking for me) but m man is in Mossman

The dealership in cairns has a good factory trained mechanic worth their minimum charge as a diagnostician (he has fixed stuff just looking for me) but m man is in Mossman
thanks, i will check him out. what do you mean - but m man is in Mossman?

thanks, i will check him out. what do you mean - but m man is in Mossman?

Hi Michele,

Clarity on the Cairns dealership reqd.

Michelle I would advise you to go to a certified Pug mech, possibly m man?

The de-pollution msg is meaningless. It could point to 20 things. A diag check at a Pug dealership will isolate the issues. And it could be that your intake valves need a double dose of SA459. Suggest that to them. It is worth fixing and by now with the early Prince engine there are many 'revised parts'. Hang in there with your 207cc

Cheers . . .

was typing on the run i'm afraid - 'my' man, Pat at JKC.
Ford-schooled, highest transport industry certifications, obviously trusted with a very wide range of precious curiosities and no prejudice ever detected.
Not so convenient for you though (?) drop me a personal message for details and earnest recommendation.
Cairns Cars on Mulgrave Rd: think it's 'Fabrice' you want, at least to have a look.
I used them for the ECU - factory bits, whereas Pat gets supplied from EAI (next time i'll take his advice on brake pads, though).

Last edited:
fnqvmuch - I hope you weren't on the run from the Constabulary? :)

Michele, make sure this dude has the latest Pug diagnostic software, if not a dealership. Dealerships will, of course, have the latest. Sometimes dealerships are the way to go.

Cheers.

Hi again. i would rather not use the Cairns dealership. when Peugeot was with Trinity, they told me that the timing belt was the problem re the depollution fault and would take up to 15 hours to replace! i disagreed, when the car has power, it runs beautifully. unfortunately, i experience 'limp home mode' with this car, seemingly unrelated to the msg. can be on or not, power or not. cant trust it to pull out into traffic, the very next time i drive off, the power may 'go'. can happen in any gear, which is something mechanics dont seem to believe. i had an email from Peugeot Australia a few years ago, telling me the fault codes could point to any of 50 things! i am extremely disappointed in the car, given i have owned Pugs for many years, 403, 404,504,505. sounds like your man might be the go. dont mind a drive to Mossman! i just googled JKC and found them. thanks for the tip.

So Michele if you disagree with the diagnosis given and refuse to get it repaired over the coarse of “a few years” why waste peoples time. Some fault codes maybe a bit more information would be good, a cheap eobd scanner is 50 bucks off eBay or go to supercheap and get it scanned.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

to dmccurtayne

i dont know if you are thinking i dont know cars, being a female? i have brothers, Dad and partner who have all taught me about cars. Granted, I am not a mechanic, but I am not your average clueless female. I service my cars and have done repairs. Your comment about wasting peoples time is offensive. If you check the English forums (where many of these cars are) you will learn that people paid hundreds of pounds for a Peugeot dealer to 'fix' their depollution issue, which lasted only a few weeks. Peugeot Australia themselves sent me an email telling me fault codes only tell us the issue, not the fix, they said it could point to 50 things. I am quite happy to pay for it to be fixed, but i am not going to throw money at possible fixes. anyone with a bit of car knowledge would know that if a timing belt is the issue, the car would not run well at any time. i have a cheap OBD scanner and the depollution codes come up, but not any for the 'engine management' fault. another Frogger posted a few years ago that his didnt find any either, but more expensive ones did. I am booked in for that tomorrow. hope that makes you happy. by the way, 'fault codes and a bit more information would be good' - sorry, didnt realise it was a requirement for anyone to try to help. dont worry and ignore any posts that annoy you. Thanks to the other people who ARE trying to help instead of giving negative comments.

Last edited:
if it can’t be trusted to pull in to traffic via Mareeba is only an hour and a half and probably an easier descent

Hi Michele, You must get 'P' codes from your diagnostic tool. How many 'P' codes are you getting reported and do you reset the codes as well?

I gather your 207cc is a non-turbo, correct? If it is, there are far less gremlins.

Have a read on this, and gather your Dad and Bros. to join.

https://www.etuners.gr/peugeot-citroen-thp-engine-maintenance-servicing-101/

We want to help, but you need to get a comprehensive diagnostic run at a Pug Dealership. Will cost about $80.

The the meantime, sometimes on the Prince engine, you need to replace all intake sensors at once - recommended. (there are five). There are many 'revised parts' now for your early Prince engine. Ask the dealership to run a can of SA459 through your engine, unless your brothers can do, as there is detail instructions on this site to do so. I do a SA459 clean every oil change, which is every 5,000 kilometres.

I'm a fence sitter on this one.

The RCZ 2015 THP200 has had it's high pressure fuel pump replaced at 37,000.
That's it. The Prince 1.6 engine was taken on by Peugeot when BMW announced it would end its relationship. Pug improved the Prince into what is now a very reliable engine. The 280 bhp they got out of the engine for the RCZ-R THP280, was history making for a 1.6 litre engine. From 2013 onwards, the Prince has been reliable.

The French Tart THP150 however. Phew! What a relationship.
2009 model - now 140,000.
Generation 1 Prince engine. Me - Test pilot. So I know about Prince engines.

Apart from wear items - tyres, brakes and one clutch kit, with a meticulous fluid maintenance program, sparks changed every 28,000, the others include:

Timing chain kit replacement
ABS/Brake pump device - now that's a story - refer below.
Steering rack
Shock absorbers/dampers
Turbo
Intercooler
Roof latches
Internal switches
All five major engine sensors
Clean intake ports to remove carbon from valve stems
O2 sensors
Turbo intake pipe
Coils
Water pump & pulleys (3 times, until they got rid of the plastic ones)
all internal radio speakers
et. al.

I might add that the electric/hydraulic roof mechanism has never missed a beat. I believe that they brought the control of the 207cc roof design in-house, as a vast improvement over the 206cc. The mechanism has been described as 'air-craft hydraulic std.' ?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 300