Its baaaack..........

Chipper

Fellow Frogger
Howdy all,

Well, I just got the car back on friday, and what a difference.

I got done : a clutch, fuel system service, brake calipers reco'd, rear brakes sorted, waterjacket/radiator service, new front springs, new strut tops, lowered rear end, 15 x 6.5 inch rims and Falken Azenis....well, thats all I remember without digging out the (rather large) bill...

What a huge difference that all made to the way it sticks to the tarmac and how quickly it gets there. Best money spent was in the reco job on the brakes. They were to the point of locking on an odd angle when the car rolled backwards, and to a certain degree when going foward it wanted to pull the wheel to the left.

Bigger pins were put in place, and this has stopped the "thunk" when reversing and applying the brakes, and they work a treat now.

The fuel injector service showed two out of the 4 were leaking, 1 out of the 4 had an odd spray pattern, 6%,8%,10% and 12% blocked respectively, this made a major difference to throttle response
smile.gif
and fuel consumption is down as well. Well worth the dosh.

It looks sweet now all lowered and stuff, hope to have pickies posted soon.

Cheers

Chipper

Chipper,

You sound like a happy man
Falken azenis who influenced you on the road legal race compound tyres.
Did they warn you watch out for sharp objects (stones,glass etc )as they can cut them very badly.
It suprised me that u purchased them as they r used a lot at the drags we attend.
They grip very well and can last upto 20.000 kms if looked after.
Have fun

Murat

The Azenis...are these the proper ones, or the ones I have on my car, the Azenis SP115?

I know there is a huge difference in price and performance. (only $150 each for 195/50/15)

However to be honest, i thought the Sp115's were supposed to be a good wearer. Either I drive too hard or these arent meant to last much longer than 1 year/25,000 kms.

In any case they are a shit load better than the Dunlop W10's i had, but next time i think i will try the Mich MXF's, only $160

Phassis,

To be honest i have not heard of any other azenis.
Other than the fact that they r using them in fwd turbo cars for grip.
But i could be wrong.
There could be a few types around but i know for certain the ones i had a look at r made for competition or fast quater mile e.t's

Murat

Murat,

Yep, very happy mate
biggrin.gif
sticks like the circus fat lady to a patch of blu tac
smile.gif

I saw the way the Azenis hooked up on a mates RX-3 13BT and was amazed at the way they kept traction even at a decent boost, so figured they were at least worth a look. Got them for $200 a corner, originally quoted 50 clams higher than that so was pretty happy with the price. They feel lighter to steer than the 195/60 14 Michie's and nice under power through a corner.

Phasis,

They are the model before yours with the huge outer blocks and are softer than yours, but the amount of K's i drive each year, they should last me a while
wink.gif

The suspension feels great now it has a few k's under it and the steering no longer pulls and tracks beautifully.

Cheers

Chipper
smile.gif

Yeah, the Azenis SP115 are only a new tyre. They have 2 deep ridges through the middle of them. They are extreamly quiet too. Coasting in Jesus gear along the highway at 110, all you can hear is the idle note of the exhaust and a bit of wind.

I do quite a bit of driving on the highway, so i wanted a quiet tyre, however i might give the Michie's a go next.