Italian rally drivers...

I'm particularly fond of the hairpin turn.
Awesome stuff that hairpin turn, you think hes gonna lose it but he controls is sooooo smoothly

Oh man how's the margin for error!!!!

I wonder if it's like skating vids where they stuff up heaps to get footage like that where it's just perfect?

Maybe he's just a gifted crazy mofo :D :D :D

You would have to be confident in his abilities to park your car on that hairpin...

XTC206 said:
You need the Gilles drive then :)

- xTc -
If you mean GV, then no as I have footage of the master himself in Argentina very sideways.... surely there was before him too? - Chris

yes.. this man is the ephifonay of control :eek:

bowie said:
yes.. this man is the ephifonay of control :eek:
Hmmm. Not quite sure.

But I think a few of the spectators may have come uncomfortably close to experiencing something similar.

Tazio Nuvolari was the pioneer of the 4 wheeled drift, every derivative style has come from this technique which he perfected in the mid-engined auto unions of the 30's.

The first clip of Gigi in the air reminds of Makinen in the Tour de Course some years ago in his Lancer, getting it sideways in the air but somehow controlling the landing.

The sideways slide at the end is insane!

Gigi of course fits the typical hot blooded Italian stereotype...he slapped his co-driver earlier this year as they crossed the finish line when the co-driver made a mistake. Also during last weekends Argentina Rally, he spun the car and after it coming to rest said "che cazzo successo??"...i.e., "what the f*** is wrong?" :joker: