Is my big arse ruining my Clio's leather seat? Pic enclosed (The car seat not mine)

ParanoidAndroid

Fellow Frogger
Because of my size (6'7'' and pretty solid) when I sit in my RCS I sorta sit on the side parts of the seat a bit more than most. Not deep down in the seat if you know what I'm trying to say. Anyways the leather on these padded side bits is looking a bit creased as you can see. It was like that when I got it (the guy I bought it from was a bit fat) but I'm wondering if its 'normal' wear or if I'm doing the seat damage ?

Attachments

• Clioseat.jpg
    Clioseat.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 364
ParanoidAndroid said:
Because of my size (6'7'' and pretty solid) when I sit in my RCS I sorta sit on the side parts of the seat a bit more than most. Not deep down in the seat if you know what I'm trying to say. Anyways the leather on these padded side bits is looking a bit creased as you can see. It was like that when I got it (the guy I bought it from was a bit fat) but I'm wondering if its 'normal' wear or if I'm doing the seat damage ?

they're polished i can give you that! yeah looks normal to me. At least your wear is probably going ot be even, people like me will eventually have the right hand side worn out.

That has to be the funniest topic heading I've ever read :) ...

It's normal for the seat to wear to your "seat" so to speak ... the only option is to change cars or change arse !!! Don't sweat it. And don't let the leather go without some nourishment once in a while (leather conditioner).

- XTC206 -

Yeah I'll look after the leather. In the pic it looks shiny and worse than it actually is because it was taken in the dark with the flash on so there is a lot of reflection.

It is well worn i guess but no more than usual. You should ride in and have a look at some French taxi's......:eek:Your seats I think are fine. Like another said just treat them with a conditioner.....

ParanoidAndroid said:

Are they 'burn' marks on the seat I can see?........... :roflmao:

It would look better and last longer with some nice terry towelling seat covers from SuperCheap...the effect of the excess methane on the leather will be ameliorated by these valuable accessories.

:snail:

Nah no burn marks. skid marks or methane damage on my babies soft leather seats. I get out to fart ! ;) They look better than the pics its just coz the swade was brushed the wrong way and the flash was on. The creases on the side parts was all I was really worried about.

haha, ParanoidAndroid...the name truly suits u dude! Every post on here so far by you has been of you being worried about your clio.

I've noted for a while now us clio drivers ARE EXTREMELY FUSSY ABOUT OUR CLIOS! :D :D

Not that there's anything wrong with that tho. Jus' ask any of my friends/family what an analy retentive prick i can be about the cleanliness of my car, etc. :rolleyes: It even drives ME mad, and it's me doing it! I'm driving myself mad!!! FIGURE THAT S*&T OUT!!

:) seeeee ya!

danielsydney said:
It is well worn i guess but no more than usual. You should ride in and have a look at some French taxi's......:eek:Your seats I think are fine. Like another said just treat them with a conditioner.....
What would you recommend?
Garnier?

:)

Best bet is to look at the "Care care products" thread...

Fair bit of info there...

MY4

I'm glad I decided not to ask people to time how long their windows take to go up and down coz I was worried mine were going slower than they used to ;) Then you'd really think I was paranoid :)

Josh

Send us a picture of your arse

you 've only given us half the data: ie picture of seat, now we need a picture of your arse to see if this is what causes the problem.

Hahahahaha! That's classic! (Both of the posts above) :D :D

Well, the window issue - haha, sometimes i think they have been a little slow too actually now i come to think of it. But i found it was my battery running low, as the car approached it's 2nd B'day ;) So now i have a new battery in it, they seem to open/close as quick as they did to begin with! :D

As for the pic of your arse, i think he's got a point there!!! :D :D

wouldnt you think a new battery would last for more than 2 years?

the battery in my fuego for example had a 2 year warranty and its kicking on its 5th year now, still heaps of charge. :bounce:

I'm really not sure Vivid. I've been told 2 years is the average life span....however mine wasn't completely dead. I think the problem is that i run a fair few additional electrical gadgets.

For example; A small 2channel Amplifier/powering a 10" Sub. Automatic window controls, that power-up the windows on their own when you lock the car. So if you lock the car like this with the windows down (which i tend to do quite a lot, as it saves time) - it would most likely be chewing up some battery life. The Amp/Sub shouldn't make TOO bigger difference, considering that i mainly use it with the engine running. But there are still times that it's used without the engine on.

Overall, i really have no idea what caused the last battery to run fairly low on puff - but i know for a fact it went flat plenty of times in the last couple of months prior to replacement, causing me to call Renault Roadside Assistance - AKA NRMA. ;)