Interstate transport suggestions.

Dave Rogers

Fellow Frogger
Hi,
Can anybody help with ideas as to who could transport a 2.8ltr 4 cylinder diesel engine from Gosford in NSW to Sunshine in Victoria. Final destination will be Tasmania but getting it to Victoria would be a good start, or even better if the freighters could organise for a Tasmanian delivery.
Cheers,
Dave Rogers.

The best way would be to put it on a pallet. In the past I have made up frames and used the engine mount holes in the block to attache to the pallet, then go to the supermarket and buy some cling wrap and wrap the motor and pallet with cling wrap. It will make it weather proof.

Make sure you get a few quotes for freighting because they will vary wildly, some of the smaller companies are very competitive.

The other way is to wait till an Aussie Frogger is coming south with some space on their trailer and share fuel cost.

Search for backloads wanted, can be really cheap

As Col said, it really needs to be secured to a pallet. Makes it easy for everyone. You can just book a general freight, pallet space and get quotes based on that one pallet space.
I sent a 5.9L Chrysler V8 from SEQ to Victoria a few years ago and that's all I did, it arrived safe and sound.

Would also suggest to keep more sucure by metal strapping to pallet with shrink wrap, and get quote from Toll freight, as you can also keep a track of its transit via connote online.