Install1988 505 Gti Series 2 Manual Sedan Engine and 5 Speed box into 1976 504 Wagon .

Easy, I’ve done it into a 504 sedan 2x. Not sure how the mount goes on the box but might need a 505 wagon mount being a GTI BA7/5. Bolts straight in power steering bolts in just need the cross member and short shaft on the column.

Try and get a series 1 loom. Series 2 is so difficult. Series 2 loom you remove more than half. If you get stuck I can take a photo of my loom in the car if you like just PM me.

Definitely a good conversion my 504 flew.

Just do the cam belt water pump and it will last forever.

Ben

Like Ben says it’s easy. BA10/5 is harder because the gearbox mount doesn’t fit over the rear extension. You have to find innovative solutions. No problems with a BA7/5. The mount will go straight on, same lengths, everything. The gear linkage might be a be interesting to get past the side of the mount. Nothing that you won’t be able to work out.
Will you be bringing the power steering from the 505 too?

Ba10/5 with a 2.2 Douvrin is rare. So it’s would be ba7/5. You’ll use all the linkages and gear shifter from the 505 unless it’s an early 504 wagon then no idea.

How would a 505 GTi engine transferred into a 504 Ti compare to the original engine?

A good healthy Ti is a good thing. 2.2 gti would beat it as it’s more torquey, but a Ti revs a lot smoother. A Ti is better on fuel if tuned right.

BP

How would a 505 GTi engine transferred into a 504 Ti compare to the original engine?
In my experience the GTis have nothing below 3500 and usually don't rev that well. More consistent than the Ti but I wouldn't bother doing the conversion. I have a very slightly worked carby engine which gives greater overall satisfaction that any GTi engine I've had and 8.5 litres a hundred sitting on 110 or above.

Hi, anyone ever done this and/or how feasible?
Thanks.
The extension housing would need to be from a wagon (not sure if this is easily transferable from a sedan gearbox) due to the live rear end of the wagon. The Longitudinal location for the rear suspension is provided by the gearbox in the wagons, not by the rear trailing arms as in the sedan.

The extension housing would need to be from a wagon (not sure if this is easily transferable from a sedan gearbox) due to the live rear end of the wagon. The Longitudinal location for the rear suspension is provided by the gearbox in the wagons, not by the rear trailing arms as in the sedan.
Sedan box the same but would need to be a BA7 not a BA10.

Sedan box the same but would need to be a BA7 not a BA10.
For a live axle application the universal joint bolts to the back of the gearbox output shaft. Just had a quick look at my collection of BA7/5s and they all have the internal thread in the back of the output shaft despite them all coming from sedans so I am thinking they are all useable in either live axle or independant suspension cars.