Inquiry

Mir

Tadpole
Hi everyone,
I recently ordered a new comm2000 for my Peugeot 307 but when i installed it the car wouldn't turn on. Can any one tell me what to do?
Thanks

Thank you

Thank you so much for this link. But that is to technical for me.

Hi everyone,
I recently ordered a new comm2000 for my Peugeot 307 but when i installed it the car wouldn't turn on. Can any one tell me what to do?
Thanks
The Comm2000 unit does not need to be coded to the BSI. You would have either not plugged in the brown connector to the correct plug or like some heavy handed mechanics (not saying you are but I've helped a couple[emoji54]) have bent the pins.

If the key barrel doesn't chime when the key is in the ignition in the off position and you open the door then the antenna connection from barrel to Comm2000 is not connected correctly.

Are you sure the 307 was starting prior to the Comm unit being swapped to a new one.

Of course you could have the wrong part number but I don't have experience with incorrect units being installed.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Thank you for your message. Yes my Peugeot 307 was normally turning on and beacuse the indicator switch did not click back on its place after turning left and water sprinkler on the right did not work i decided to buy a new Comm2000. As you know the genuine Comm2000s either dont exist in Australia or if so, very expensive. I ordered a new one from Melbourne through Repco. It arrived and I installed it, was so happy but when tried to turn the car on, it didnt turn on at all. Removed the new Comm2000 and put back my faulty one, boom turned on again. I am currently driving it.
I dont know what is happening?
Thanks

Supply part numbers I'm guessing you have a Valeo one as a replacement but the original was Delphi?

Check pins on the new one are now not bent ?

The Comm2000 are not all compatible and car not starting means the Comn2000 ECU is not recognized by BSI.

Confirm part numbers and see if you can get your money back if they can't supply correct version.

Plenty of French auto wreakers that should be able to supply a good D/H unit.

Window washer not working is usually the dual washer behind the front bumoer giving up, there are a couple of versions but cheap enough to replace once the bumper is removed.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Thank you. I managed to send it back to the supplier.
This is my comm2000 unit. 20200305_124208.jpg