Injector power supply

My last question before I rip the head off.... I remember John (Pugwash) saying one time that his inlet cam jumped one gear from the cam belt - thus timing was out. I will check tommorow but is this possable?

Some video and audio of idle.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSRFMQ0gDvE

Last edited:
yes, I'd definitely be checking the cam timing. Maybe it stripped a tooth or two off the belt?

Yes I had square waves across all for injectors now although I wasn't looking for any difference between them. Charged the fuel line then applied power to injector to see fuel pressure gauge drop - same for all four injectors. So by fixing the shorted wiring issue I now have a full bank of injectors.

But this did not fix the really bad idle and running so I did a compression test. Not good.

1 - 110
2 - 160
3 - 130
4 - 160

So petert now is the time to have my cam done send me a pm with address again and I will post it over Christmas break.

Looking at those compression figures you will have broken rings; a burnt valve; or head gasket failure.

yes, I'd definitely be checking the cam timing. Maybe it stripped a tooth or two off the belt?
Yep checking that now. I have pulled the head off the spare engine and removed the cams.

Last edited:
If you have had only two injectors working, then has extra fuel from the working injectors washed away any oily residues in the cylinders and leading you to false low compression readings? Isn't the old trick to add a little oil to help determine if the rings or valves are bad?

If you have had only two injectors working, then has extra fuel from the working injectors washed away any oily residues in the cylinders and leading you to false low compression readings? Isn't the old trick to add a little oil to help determine if the rings or valves are bad?
Hi David, I feel now this situation has been a collection of issues. First I didn't have any power to cylinder 2 & 4 - fixed due to wiring short. Now poor compression to 1 & 3? I'll be checking the timing when it cools down outside this avo (hot today in Qld). I had spare engine ready to start as project anyway this is the kick in the bum I needed to get it started.

Is it back on the road then? Not fair!