Initial Experience with C5X PHEV

I'm going to be really interested to see an update on this in 5 years .... and 10years :) :dance:

Mr Fusion powered. 😉
1000002519.jpg

Hi Robin,
1. Ride is very acceptable, better than C5X7 Tourer when cold but not as good once C5X7 has got warmed up suspension - C5X is always connected to the road by its shockabsorbers and does not have a float mode but neither does the C5X7 except on rare occasions. Could benefit from have self levelling added to the rear suspension a la Picasso.
2. Needs 95 minimum. The Puretech 180 is a development of the EP6 range of engines and has valvetronic on the inlet cam to throttle the engine and improve efficiency. It is a high compression turbocharged engine.
3. All built in China - has Chinese glass and paint but most of the other components seem to be PSA sourced. Build quality seems to be good, paint on the fuel and charge flaps looks a bit thin under bright sunlight. The word is that the production schedule is so filled with customer orders that there is little capacity to build cars that are only to be used as demonstrators. This only appears to be a problem with the PHEV and not the Petrol only model. Maybe they can't get enough batteries or e-EAT8 gearboxes???
4. Has LED lights all round and on auto lights, will even flash some high beam to see a dark road when there is no opposing traffic. Also has a hand level adjustment to allow adjustment when boot loaded. I'll check out the reflected glare problem.

Cheers

Hi Robin,
1. Ride is very acceptable, better than C5X7 Tourer when cold but not as good once C5X7 has got warmed up suspension - C5X is always connected to the road by its shockabsorbers and does not have a float mode but neither does the C5X7 except on rare occasions. Could benefit from have self levelling added to the rear suspension a la Picasso.
2. Needs 95 minimum. The Puretech 180 is a development of the EP6 range of engines and has valvetronic on the inlet cam to throttle the engine and improve efficiency. It is a high compression turbocharged engine.
3. All built in China - has Chinese glass and paint but most of the other components seem to be PSA sourced. Build quality seems to be good, paint on the fuel and charge flaps looks a bit thin under bright sunlight. The word is that the production schedule is so filled with customer orders that there is little capacity to build cars that are only to be used as demonstrators. This only appears to be a problem with the PHEV and not the Petrol only model. Maybe they can't get enough batteries or e-EAT8 gearboxes???
4. Has LED lights all round and on auto lights, will even flash some high beam to see a dark road when there is no opposing traffic. Also has a hand level adjustment to allow adjustment when boot loaded. I'll check out the reflected glare problem.

Cheers, Ken
Ken, Interesting you mentioned the old C5's ride when COLD. I have been noticing the same thing now the weather has dropped temperature but continues with rain. I find my old C5 also is a bit stiff kneed first thing in the morning. Wondering if I was imagining things.