Industry News

Some have an eye for good looking err lines...

Yes indeed, some "knockers" actually present information which could arguably be seen as in the public interest :wink2:

I guess a matter of opinion, and some elements of aging, as some "knocker's" are quite beautiful too,:D if you get my drift.:wink2: But at our age I guess the mind drifts to more innocent dreary subjects...:D:roflmao:

Ken:D

I guess a matter of opinion, and some elements of aging, as some "knocker's" are quite beautiful too,:D if you get my drift.:wink2: But at our age I guess the mind drifts to more innocent dreary subjects...:D:roflmao:

Ken:D

I have to confess , I'm still totally unable to understand the intended meaning and the purpose of your initial post.

Usually a natural product, but can be artificial - accept no substitutes!

You can trust your local ABC to bring us the news - regardless of the importance of the story:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-15/knitted-knockers-breast-prostheses-bringing-comfort/11413478

Hopefully that story and others above will help provide Robmac with some alternative suggestions. I do like Russell's Commer Knocker though, there were a lot of those around, workhorse engine.

Ken

Am I right in saying, though, that the knocker was a term for only that particular opposed design (oo-er missus!*) and not diesels in general? I was a bit young when the Commer was current.

*couldn't resist...goes with the era.

Good information seasink, and in reading those links I recall that when I was doing on road tests to qualify at a Police Roadworthiness course, I had to work out how to test the Clayton Dewande braking systems, a bit of a mystery to some mechanics, who set them up incorrectly and that was feature in a local Bus Crash investigation in the Heidelberg Area years later. Weird system and lever setups if I recall correctly.

Ken

Cheers.

I love those kinds of designs. Probably starts with a pile of parts on a grimy bench in Birmingham or someplace with some imaginative guys arranging them this way and that; yeah, that'll work....let's build one!

I didn't realise that engine was in the red Commer in that clip, so I've heard a few myself. That version came through the family roadhouse occasionally. I think one of the local businesses used one as well, a fuel distributor. This was in about 1975.