Indicators not working - Citroen BX

pdl1989

Tadpole
My indicators have stopped working (though the hazards work) on my 1992 Citroen BX tzi. The three mechanics Ive taken it to have been unable to fix them.
I had a stereo installed and when they mounted the sub in the back they drilled through the floor of the boot and into something which caused the engine to over heat. When I got the car back the indicators weren’t working either. Whether or not it was caused by this or is coincidental I’m not sure.
The fuses seem to be fine. I’m at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

https://citroenclubqld.org/

Heaven knows how to diagnose this one from a web post unless someone else has drilled a hole as stupidly as those installers and hit the same thing!! Bugger. I can't see how this hole would cause overheating unless it has taken out a circuit that also runs the cooling fan - but at the back? There won't be a blown fuse if wires have been cut with nothing switched on at the time. Sorry, can't help but someone in the Citroen club might??

You need a workshop manual with the very late wiring diagram - is the TRi the same? I think so, electrically.

Certainly our BX19 TZi NEVER overheated. Wonderful car.

Good luck.