Indicator Stalk on a 2005 407

dcc236

Fellow Frogger
This is a weird one.
The end piece of indicator stalk of my son's 2005 407 has broken off. This is the bit you turn to switch the lights to park and on.
I have used Lexia to enable auto lights, as a work around.
Can the indicator stalk be repaired or replaced?

I also need to replace the same stalk, the turn indicator system is loose and behaving badly.
Can someone confirm I will need to remove the airbag and steering wheel to attach a new stalk to the COM unit.

Correct, did my 307 which would be similar but cheaper in most ways!

I also need to replace the same stalk, the turn indicator system is loose and behaving badly.
Can someone confirm I will need to remove the airbag and steering wheel to attach a new stalk to the COM unit.
Yes, battery to be disconnected and airbag centre to be removed 1st. Don't break the wiring from using too much force. Then steering wheel needs to be removed.

And to add, battery off and wait 30 minutes to let any capacitance discharge for safety sake and a saving in not having to replace the air bag!

Thanks Dimistyle and Mathew. I will follow procedures to the letter!
And UNM, thanks. I have in the mail one of these. Does this part include the part you have pointed out?

Attachments

• Stalk.jpg
    Stalk.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 84
Thanks Dimistyle and Mathew. I will follow procedures to the letter!
And UNM, thanks. I have in the mail one of these. Does this part include the part you have pointed out?
the part I linked to is often the only part needed, but a complete stalk assembly will have everything you need and be easier to install.

Will do the job nicely either way just cheaper, It will be as good as new as my 307 is. Soon the 407 gets one too now.

But I have another issue. When shopping for a new stalk for my 2005 Peugeot 407 diesel (VF36DRHRH********) I found that there are two types. They are cheap so I have bought them both. But which one fits my car?
S1.jpg
S2.jpg