inacurate speedo rading and help identifying diff centre - 404 Sedan

'Robbo To the Rescue' again by the sound of things Dano but why not see what a GPS is reading whilst driving ? Sit it somewhere where you can see both speedo and GPS. You'll get an accurate difference then and could always drive on the GPS until ready to go through the trauma of speedo change if you really consider it necessary. I did it with Poubelle and now I know I worry far less and even sleep better ! 😴 It all comes down to how pedantic one is and what you can live with I guess. As I have another complete speedo who knows I might get bored enough to do a change over some day? Having one that over reads does wonders for the ego though🤫
With accurate GPS readings it becomes an easy matter to follow Julian

Dano.
As strange as it must seem, no need to alter the gearbox gear. I recall that the plastic speedo gears can be fitted for correction. Different colour gears mean something ?

As my speedo is so far out I tend to drive by the Garmin ,the bonus is it lets you know ,the speed zone you are in and if u r over it ,shows speed in red ,I have recently Re discovered the heads up unit under the drivers seat ,but the readout seems to be constantly blurred so sticking with the Garmin Although it has been updated it still screws up in a coupe places on the pac Highway ,particularly north bound after the st Helena tunnel nere Byron ,displays 60 from the road that runs parellel to the highway to the left ,

You can adjust the speedo quite easily I've done it on lots of cars with engine and trans swaps, but I've never done it on a pug. Simple drive a100 kph on the GPS and note where the needle sits (70 mph) next remove the speedo so you can get to the back of it and remove the glass. put your finger on the drum and move the needle to 70MPH. pull the needle off without moving the drum and refit it at 60 mph. For some speedos, you can twist the needle on the shaft. This will not change the odometer. Ive done this at least 20 times I used to build a lot of diesel conversions in NZ.

Here is how to adjust your speedo reading, grab your GPS and drive at 100kph and note the reading, in your case 70mph.
remove the speedo head from the cluster and place your finger on the drum, move the drum until it reads 70mph and wedge your finger in so it cannot move. Pull the needle off or in some cases twist it and refit the needle so it points to 60 mph or 100kph, make sure you don't allow the drum to move. I've done this on dozens of cars when I use to do diesel conversions in NZ which were engine and trans swaps. I still miss my diesel falcon....