In car display temperature indicator gone crazy

Bug came back and dealer is replacing the temp sensor under warrantee. Of course no part in the country even tho its fitted to every new pug sold...sigh
Isn’t that why there are no parts in the country? The available stock was used on replacing the faulty original equipment.

(Honestly, I’m not usually so cynical about Peugeot quality! Honest.)

Yep common problem you can replace the sensor in the mirror and it fixes it.

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

sensor replaced by dealer. problem NOT fixed. Any other ideas David?

Peugeot dealer reporting replaced sensor but its giving the same error code as original sensor. Escalated a report to Peugeot France because Trivett at a loss how to proceed. Hopefully the French can come out of their corona blankets and give us some guidance. Oz reports no software updates available for my 2017 2008.

Hi all,

I had the same problem with my 2010 308SW Sportium. Very frustrating when the weather’s hot and the temperature is showing -32 (yep actually showed that one day here in Canberra) and the A/C won’t work properly. By the way, to respond to an earlier post, the A/C won’t work properly if it is below around zero, I guess to stop it freezing up or something. It doesn’t matter whether it is on Auto or not, it still affects the A/C. I don’t use the auto function and the A/C wasn’t cold until the temperature came up above zero (if any one has this problem you can watch the temperature go up and down during the same short drive - crazy). I had my A/C regassed and still wasn’t cold unless temperature sensor was reading above zero.

I had the sensor replaced with a new Peugeot one and still the same problem. Most mechanics, including Peugeot, don’t have a clue how to fix these issues as they don’t see enough of the cars like they do in the UK and Europe. I managed to sort it myself, and there is an earlier suggestion that upgrading firmware and/or the plug between the door and body will fix it. I can tell you it’s the plug. Same info I discovered on another Peugeot sight that a Singaporean mechanic fixed. I couldn’t get the plug out as I think you have to remove the door to do it properly. I managed to peel back the rubber and move it a bit, then push it back in (thinking I’ll just give up for now). A couple of months later and I haven’t seen the problem since. I guess when you think how quickly they assemble these things on the production line then it’s easy to miss pushing a plug in all the way.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Mike

An update on my sensor problem referred to in my post above. Sensor has now been replaced under warranty (just before warranty expired).

This was a year after the sensor first started playing up. A year ago they fiddled with a connector in the door which seemed to fix the problem, but the other day the problem (of showing a lower temperature than ambient eg by 10 degrees) recurred. Slamming the door also fixed it (as it did earlier). However, this was the second time the problem had occurred, so they replaced the sensor.
\
Apparently the sensor (used in other recent models) sometimes fail. He didn't appear to indicate that the problem was common. However it's now fixed................ until the next time when I'm out of warranty. It's the only drama I've had with the 2008 in my three years - apart from the auto stop/start which annoys me.

Last edited:
Why would you run AC refrigeration in sub-zero temperatures? Cabin heating is done by hot water.

The controls should select the appropriate system.