Immac 406 Diesel Manual needs new home..

acf321

Fellow Frogger
Hi Folks,

Just tried to bump my 03 406 Manual 406 on the F/S section, but for some reason the system does not let me. Just wanted to mention this is a magnificent and immaculate car. Metallic blue, manual, FSH, New Michelins, long rego etc. Drives like a dream, 100% perfect in every way. Has to go as the Wife wants a larger car.

PM me for interest.
Cheers,

Adam

Thanks Dino, it genuinely is a very very tidy car, with full service history. It has ALWAYS been in a garage, so no sun issues. Everything is perfect. Suspect cars like this are getting very few & far between.

Cheers, Adam

Isn't this the same model that set an economy record years ago by going from Melbourne to Rockhampton on one tank ? :eek::oops::cool::dance:

I am not sure, but I do know that a full tank of diesel (65 litres) on the freeway will show 1,500klms to empty on the trip computer. CBD driving will generally get 850-915klms, depending on traffic and so on.

I always enjoyed an article about the record run that described Mr Taylor as a "notorious lightfoot" 🤣

Anyway, this car is still FOR SALE ... if anyone wants to enjoy it as I have, and have a super economical car 406 Manual to call their own. Pics are in the 'FOR SALE' section.

Isn't this the same model that set an economy record years ago by going from Melbourne to Rockhampton on one tank ? :eek::oops::cool::dance:
Yes. They did a round Australia run with a 307 afterwards, didn't do as well as the 406
but still managed to beat the record they were after.

I always enjoyed an article about the record run that described Mr Taylor as a "notorious lightfoot" 🤣
He reckoned his wife was the expert, she owned a Valiant when she was a student and had to make every litre count!

This is now sold, and I am shedding a tear. First time for me without a Peugeot in 26 years!

Understand the loss Adam. It's good that you've been able to pass on and give someone else a car in such nice condition.