Identifying a 203

Dano

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi,

Is this an Australian modified/manufactured 203?

attachment.php

I've been taking to a gentleman in France who owns it and he is of the opinion that its origin is Australian.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

The bumper bar is the French/early model.

Cheers.

Dano

Attachments

• van.jpg
    van.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 489
Having to assume it is RHD absent any other reason to suppose it was Australian, but never heard of that variant here ... (what to call a Paquet De Tabac, for one thing).
Russell will know.

Last edited:
Not Australian. If it is RHD look to England and Tom Knowles who made a living selling Peugeot commercials in Piccadilly before it was legal to import the cars.

Not Australian. If it is RHD look to England and Tom Knowles who made a living selling Peugeot commercials in Piccadilly before it was legal to import the cars.

Thanks Russell,

I was hoping you’d reply.

Cheers

Dan

Strewth Dano....why set us conundrums if you don't know the answer? Could have been manufactured in Brazil by a blind amputee for all we know!! Has that look about it!
Love the clearvision windscreen too. :cool:

DeeCee,

Ouch!

I can only run with what I've got. The screen and the ground for that point are covered in frost. Where the car is situated, is currently experiencing sub-zero temperatures.

attachment.php

Yes, it does look worse for wear, but I am told it is to be restored in the near future.

cheers

Dano

Attachments

• zero 1.jpg
    zero 1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 324
Hi Dano: excuse delay but you are herby forgiven.............Yep, obviously a bit nippy in La Belle France! :eek:

The L3 Fourgon Tole was a fairly low production unit from the early 1950's. None of the Australian importers ever expressed an interest in it or its sister model the S3 ambulance.

I do recall reading in classic car mag that there were a lot of rhd cars [particularly british ] in paris in the old days as, drivers preferred getting out of there cars on the pavement side rather that the other side sharing the road with mad parisian drivers ,this could well have been a delivery van ,there was a time when mail pick up vans in the u,s, were all rhd for similar reason