Identify that car 1923 ~ 1934

RINGER

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
For anyone interested I have identifying information & where to locate ~ chassis numbers ~ tyre sizes ~ other characteristics & HP on all Citroens Peugeots & Renaults imported into Australia 1923 through 1934 that I can share.

Booklet also covers all other US UK & EU brands imported as well.

Hi John. I'd be interested to learn all about whatever Renault info you have for the period 1923 through 1934. If it's too much to put on AF I can give you my email address? Thanks G

I'll type into word convert to .pdf & post the link during next week, time permitting.
I obtained this little booklet in 1964 from an old timer who was getting rid of rubbish!
I was trying to date 3 old OAKLANDS I had.
One was a 1923 with knock on hubs, extremely rare.
Didn't have anything about my grandad's Stoewer, though.

Last edited:
OK all done for Renault ~ will do Citroen & Peugeot as time permits.
If y'all have friends in/on other groups or forums of different marques interested in this era, I have info on all OZ imported cars that needs to be shared. JG.

Attachments

• Renault identification 1923 thru 1934.pdf
    31.6 KB · Views: 117
Thanks for going to the trouble of supplying the info John. There's lots of interesting stuff therein.

If there were 8 cylinder Renaults imported to AU I am left wondering where they ended up. :unsure:

vc.JPG

Last edited:
If the question was about Oaklands, REO's, Nash et al I may have some idea, but this info was sourced from a little publication like 'Kelleys Blue Book' minus valuations, about 100mm² & 200 both side pages probably printed in the late 1930's.

Here's a pic of a RHD Coupe on the web so there may have been a couple & as you say, never too many around.
High-tech luxury, rare for the time

Only 20 other special-purpose versions were built on the Nervastalla TG 4 chassis; a car, of which only 256 were made between 1932 and 1933. Streamlined, shell-shaped headlamps are one of its outstanding styling features. The more mechanically-minded will appreciate the 8-cylinder engine and 4-speed gear box, with synchronised third and fourth gears.

1623022881170.png

This is a TG4 too aparantely, the stretched limo version no doubt. Imagine seeing one of these cruising down the M1, it would stand out from the ubiquitous appliances somewhat. :approve:

1280px-Renault_Nervastella_%281934%29%2C_Paris_Motor_Show_2018%2C_IMG_0355.jpg

Beautiful & look @ the similarities?