I want to drive my EV and you subsidise me

Settle down guys, the restraint is beginning to unravel. We'll be back in the Toad Pond very soon methinks.
My fault entirely. A Minister of Religion I knew years ago told me an occupational hazard was being baited by cock headed lawyers and the like. Being a farmer an occupational hazard is being baited by cock headed environmentalists and I shouldn't have bitten. Not a problem because after I tidy a few things up I'm too busy to be online and then the site will probably be closed before I get back. So I'll leave them to it while we're busy with our great season.

85Fuego

My understanding is that certain euro countries & countries to the north: QLD & NSW, have cheaper registrations if you have smaller engines/vehicle mass.

Maybe we need to introduce lower EV reg rather than people demanding reduced road usage costs?
By far I’d prefer an EV conversion kit in an old French car body. It would be much better looking than any Tesla.
Unless you are handy with corralling electrons, probably cheaper with a cheapie EV.
Only19 (Bryce could) chip in here.........

Buttercup

My understanding is that certain euro countries & countries to the north: QLD & NSW, have cheaper registrations if you have smaller engines/vehicle mass.

Maybe we need to introduce lower EV reg rather than people demanding reduced road usage costs?

Unless you are handy with corralling electrons, probably cheaper with a cheapie EV.
Only19 (Bryce could) chip in here.........
It all depends on the range you need.
Battery cost is still the biggest part of it.
The engineering of the vehicle is not difficult or expensive.

Kim Luck

1000+ Posts
It all depends on the range you need.
Battery cost is still the biggest part of it.
The engineering of the vehicle is not difficult or expensive.

What could be the cost for an authorised transport engineer to sign off on your homework or for you to comply with his demands?

simca1100

Interested in converting a Frog car? Look at this - already on Aussiefrogs, a conversion of Citroen Berlingo in Melbourne.

bowie

1000+ Posts
Have we solved the apparent tax problem yet? :ROFLMAO:

How about;

-EV's should be subsidised
-Petrol vehicles should be taxed like cigarettes until they are gone
-Federal gov should install fast elec charging points on every highway through out Australia, state Govs should do it locally, call it NBN 2.0
-GST should be 30% with (credits given back to those earning less then 50k per year)
-Nationalise all religious properties and lands / turn them into parks.
-Ban fossil fuels.
-Cap personal incomes at 25 Million. Once you earn more then 25 million every cent goes to government and you get a dog park named after you, and a T-shirt that says "I Won Capitalism"

Bowie for President

COL

Alpine A110

How about;

-Federal gov should install fast elec charging points on every highway through out Australia, state Govs should do it locally, call it NBN 2.0
-GST should be 30% with (credits given back to those earning less then 50k per year)
-Ban fossil fuels.
-Cap personal incomes at 25 Million. Once you earn more then 25 million every cent goes to government and you get a dog park named after you, and a T-shirt that says "I Won Capitalism"

Bowie for President
Sounds like an election speech Bowie ;) which party are you running with or will you be standing as an independent? :)

Buttercup

How about;

-Ban fossil fuels.

Bowie for President
Is that your platform for the upcoming presidential election?

It might need a little tweaking.....

shibuichi

How about;

-Ban fossil fuels.

Bowie for President
You forgot to propose facilitating the Australian manufacture of BEV French cars.

Buttercup

What could be the cost for an authorised transport engineer to sign off on your homework or for you to comply with his demands?
At a rough guess maybe 2k.
That's what they charged me for very extensive mods to my 2CV
20211012_145126.jpg

Yes, THAT 2CV

Buttercup

I'm just a bit put off by having to earn 25 mil before I get a Tee shirt.
How about one saying "I'm a failure" if I can't get over 0.5 mil?

shibuichi

Don't worry Bob. I'm certain there will be something for you in the extensive range of Bowie for President merchandise.
We seem to have drifted off thread again 🤣

bowie

1000+ Posts
A T-Shirt @ 500k? gees that's barely the average home loan these days, nah to accessible.

And well there needs to be something to strive for after all, you just keep at it, you never know :p

<thread hi-jack>

Misses and I are looking at buying our first home, we have been keeping records of the sale price in the area we want for the last 6months. Sh1ts been selling ~15% ABOVE the maximum advertised. It's fkn mental, we hate you all.

Heaven forbid we want to live 30mins / ~20km from work in a capital city and I don't know, have a shed and a bath tub should we wish to start a family and want to wash small people. Bizarrely places to put a car and a have a bath seem to be mutual exclusive in properties we have found.

</thread hi-jack>

EV'S FOR ALL!