I Spy...Victoria

Spotted parked in Watton street Werribee Saturday morning an almost new Koleos with a nasty looking sticker on the windscreen, and a funny looking bright yellow thingamy clamped to the wheel.

Three or four times in the past month or two, I've seen a heavily-staffed Commo sedan brightly labelled "Sheriff", cruising car-parks, shopping strips, schools and side-streets with a jam-tin over the driver's (or was it the passenger's?) door, clearly trolling for penalty defaulters using number-plate recognition gear. First time I saw it, it was coming from an area in the car-park where I saw a Rangie decked out just as you described the Koleos, and the Sheriff's motor had just parked across the stern to block in another car they were equally interested in.

Feels uncomfortable to say it, but when you see some of the numbers that some of these scofflaws rack up in unpaid fines — often four figures, sometimes five — more power to'em, I say.

Saw a silver 406 coupe yesterday afternoon on the Hume Freeway travelling south, near Avenel (I think it was).

Anyone we know?

Saw this tasty 207 on its way up to Balook on the Grand Ridge Road around 3pm today as I was on my way down to Traralgon, converging at a combined speed somewhere around 180 at the end of a run to christen my 208. And a fabulous run it was, too (thanks for asking). I've just been revisiting some of the in-flight video and scaring the crap out of myself — though it certainly didn't feel all that hairy at the time. Think I need to think a bit about what that means ...

who.jpg

Does anyone here own the White 404 parked in Mitchell St Echuca yesterday? It looks in great condition.

Anyone recognise this beautiful light-green and white Vedette?

Spotted it citybound on the Prince's Freeway yesterday, possibly somewhere out near Warragul, about 10:30 am at the same time as I was outbound. Saw it again at about 3:30 pm on its way back outbound, but this time on the South Gippy Highway somewhere west of Bena as I was homeward bound. Judging by what I was able to see of it, looks to be in great condition.

Sorry about the quality of the video screen capture ... I was happy to get anything worthwhile, with only a vague recollection of where I'd seen it, and closing at a combined speed of around 200 km/h ...

Attachments

• vedette.jpg
    vedette.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 356
When a rellie bought a Cayenne (Turbo) back in 2005, they were quite rare cars. Today, with the world awash with Chinese money, they're everywhere, to such an extent that when I went into town by tram for a lunchtime meeting on Friday, I counted no fewer than 13 of the monsters on the way in and back, without even having to try too hard. By contrast, I only saw two 208s, and only had cause to look twice at the silver one that I saw down at Camberwell to realize that it wasn't a GTi.

Saw one today, though, en passant — out at the intersection of Old Sale Road and Brandy Creek Road, just west of Buln Buln, I crossed paths with one that looked just like mine, for the first time ever. I think they were just as excited to see me as I was to see them!

AnotherRed.jpg

Haven't got time to search for Custom Number plate thread....Anyway a very nice white RCZ with carbon fibre look roof. Number plate "PURRJO" really hope is a Froggy member.
Location Market Europa Harrisfield/Sandown. Saturday 24th of October.
:cheers: Brendan.

Reminds me of my first 504. '70 model 1800, manual. No vents on rear panel, proud door handles and rubber infill on rear bumper.
Oh, mustn't forget the front seats with 'barber chair' head rests. The best seats ever.

And no rear windscreen demister or left of numberplate badge

In more than 50 years of driving, I don't know how many cars I've owned, but I know that in my experience it's uncommon to ever see a car again after I dispose of it, and in the rare cases where I do, it usually doesn't happen till 10 years or more after I get rid of it.

So imagine my surprise round dusk yesterday, heading towards town, when I saw what I thought was a very smart-looking white 207 coming the other way ... and suddenly realized why it looked so familiar, barely three months after trading it in!

Attachments

• YCCxxx.jpg
    YCCxxx.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 401
Dead C5 spotted the other day near NSW/VIC border, dark blue, RHR engine code w/AL4, amply furnished in cobwebs and resplendent front towing eye.

Splendidly presented late model R16 spotted outside "Aunty's Place" in Lang Lang over the weekend!
We always stop there for a fossick around, and a pie in the bakery down the road, which are surprisingly good, when heading south for a weekend jaunt. Chatted to the proud owner, and found he had owned it since new! Bravo!

I saw another 203 today, in High St, just North of the city, Melbourne. It was a white/cream colour and in excellent condition, looking freshly polished.

Which AFer was towing a 205GTi behind a Navara along Centre rd then into Westall rd Clayton about 4:20 PM today?
Looks like a restoration about to begin!
:cheers: Brendan.