I Spy...Victoria

I saw a burgundy Citroen ID at 5:20pm today on Toorak Rd Camberwell and shortly after on Burwood Highway I got to watch a black 3 door P306 Style circa 1998 from Burwood to the Mountain hwy intersection.
At one traffic light we nearly managed form a row of 306, 308 and 508. 😁

Spotted this morning in Albion Rd Brunswick about 9:30am, a white 205 Si with rallye livery. Rego YHB xxx (I think). Anyone here?

Silver-grey Citroen Xsara parked near Puffing Billy in Belgrave today at lunchtime.

Nice well presented 203 at the show and shine at St Arnaud last Saturday.

IMG_20240204_135524_551.jpg

Simca!! 😍
Burwood Hwy, Box Hill South in 38 degree heat at 12.45pm today. (Made dad reminisce about his old Fiat 1100.)

There's something you don't see every day!!
Well caught. Just that little bit fancier than an Austin.

surely a member on AFs?
Yes to quote my dad:
"Wow! That's an actual Simca!!" (He may also have said Fiat with better French styling.)
The driver must be someone here.

View attachment 235636
Simca!! 😍
Burwood Hwy, Box Hill South in 38 degree heat at 12.45pm today. (Made dad reminisce about his old Fiat 1100.)
I’m a bit curious.
You blanked out the number plate, and that’s fine. But what I’m curious about is whether the n plate is a regular one or if the car is on historic plates.
NSW Historic plates are different enough that they would stand out e with that much blocking out. But I don’t know anything about victorian Historic plates to know what they look like.
As I said, I’m just curious.

I’m a bit curious.
You blanked out the number plate, and that’s fine. But what I’m curious about is whether the n plate is a regular one or if the car is on historic plates.
NSW Historic plates are different enough that they would stand out e with that much blocking out. But I don’t know anything about victorian Historic plates to know what they look like.
As I said, I’m just curious.
Yes, the plate was labelled CLUB PERMIT VICTORIA, in the standard permit plate distinctive dark red background with white text of 5 numerals and H for Historic, "48nnn-H".

If I hadn't been sent to the workcover physio I wouldn't have passed the house in Berwick with a red 308 wagon, black 407 sedan and a grey c4 (I think; it was definitely a Citroen behind the 407) all parked in the front yard. 😁

I did a bit of a double take this afternoon - oops, that was yesterday, Tuesday - when I saw a very dull looking red (non-metallic) Series II Peugeot 508 GT parked in Spencer St Melbourne, outside Southern Cross Station.

I’ve seen quite a few of these 508s, and I think they look pretty good, but the red was so dull and uninteresting. It probably wasn’t helped by sporting the standard issue NSW black and yellow number plates! No number plate frame on the front or back which to me made the car look decidedly unloved.

As I’ve been typing this, it suddenly occurred to me that the car might have been parked closer to the police complex. And I wonder if the car is a NSW police car making a visit to the their Victorian counterparts. I know that NSW police are using various VWs, including in general duties work. I wonder if they are also using the 508.