I bought a 306... poor mans 205?

Graham, when will we see the Si in Classic Cars magazine ? ;]

Having owned 4 306's... They are brilliant. My favourite was my first. A 16v 1.8 style 3 door. Light and handled very well. Engine was good too. Not as smooth as the 8v version though. Next fav is my current xsi. With all the suspension bushes replaced it really is the all rounder. Engine has more usable range than the GTi6 and it's still a very comfortable and fun to drive car. I do miss the top end of the GTi6 but I don't miss the turning circle!

No need for that, too busy driving it.
An English magazine tested all the 205s in a single test, including GTi, Rallye, etc and concluded the XS (Euro Si equivalent ) was the best.

Graham, when will we see the Si in Classic Cars magazine ? ;]

The 1.8 16v was very detuned, had triangular inlet ports! Official power and performance figures were not impressive but for actual driving it was great.

Having owned 4 306's... They are brilliant. My favourite was my first. A 16v 1.8 style 3 door. Light and handled very well. Engine was good too. Not as smooth as the 8v version though. Next fav is my current xsi. With all the suspension bushes replaced it really is the all rounder. Engine has more usable range than the GTi6 and it's still a very comfortable and fun to drive car. I do miss the top end of the GTi6 but I don't miss the turning circle!

306 a poor man's 205 so what has been said is all the 306 enthusiasts own a hand me down and is also a great way to get other
Peugeot owners off side, I'm a 306 owner and an owner of a Peugeot and I think all Peugeots vehicles are on par with each other and one may prefer one model to the other and we are all supporters of one another's choice along the Peugeot range, and that we have selected the vehicle and love the chosen vehicle we have spent our hard earned money on and not said oh it will do, so the vehicle we have is what we are happy with, otherwise we wouldn't have it. If you don't like the 306 then sell, no need to insight debate or worse by saying as said above, many prefer 205 and that their preference, others prefer 306 and that's what they prefer, I have never heard of anyone bagging another model before and I think someone has not got what they want........ [emoji24]

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk

306 a poor man's 205 so what has been said is all the 306 enthusiasts own a hand me down and is also a great way to get other
Peugeot owners off side, I'm a 306 owner and an owner of a Peugeot and I think all Peugeots vehicles are on par with each other and one may prefer one model to the other and we are all supporters of one another's choice along the Peugeot range, and that we have selected the vehicle and love the chosen vehicle we have spent our hard earned money on and not said oh it will do, so the vehicle we have is what we are happy with, otherwise we wouldn't have it. If you don't like the 306 then sell, no need to insight debate or worse by saying as said above, many prefer 205 and that their preference, others prefer 306 and that's what they prefer, I have never heard of anyone bagging another model before and I think someone has not got what they want........ [emoji24]

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk

Interesting. I will assume you’re not referring to me... I bought a 306 and got exactly what I want! A light weight hatchback that’s extremely fun to drive with a Peugeot badge on the front. I could have spent $15,000 and got exactly that in a 205 GTi, but decided to spend a $1000 on a 306 instead. Now I have, I’m unsure if I’d head down the 205 path again? They certainly have their appeal and I love them to bits but I have been very impressed with the 306, having never owned one before.
And if I was contemplating a rally/race build down the track I’m thinking I’d prefer to use a 306 as a base... but in the meantime I am loving my little 8 valve!

just like what you like because you like it! All my Peugeot’s have been awesome (maybe not my 206? but never mind :D)

Looks cheap to me for what is on offer..... That's a lot of engineering for the money.

100% agreed, especially when you consider the prices 205 GTIs are fetching. I just mentioned it's not cheap as most of the other recent GTi6s have sold for less than half, so it's all relative.

When people work out how much car you get with the GTI6 the values will go sky high.

I have not driven one but opened the bonnet at the wreckers on one years back and was lightly impressed!