Hungarian Grand Prix

306XT

Fellow Frogger
Another race and we have 3week off.
The race itself was pretty good. For once having a Ferrari up front actually made the race more interesting :D

So what did we bring away from this race?
Here's my :2cents:

1. Fisi have disappointed again. I think every here would really like him to win some race. We always say he had a bad car & he deserve better.... I genuinely think it is race like this where he needs to shine (when your team-mate hits trouble) and show what he's made of instead of visiting the gravel trap. :nownow:

2. So Ralf came third and behind his brother again....
3. BAR is not very quick and Ruben is going there next season.
4. I know everyone would disagree with me, but I would really like to see kimi win the championship this year....

5. Then as a second wish.... Would love to see Wurz get the Ferrari drive (instead of Massa) I think Ferrari could do with someone who is really solid, be supportive of Michael (for his last crack at the championship) and most importantly he's done thousand of race miles in the best car of this season.
Surely they would go for Heidfeld :joker: He's another driver I really rate.

Although I didn’t see all of it (I was watching the inside of my eyelids on and off…) I hear Ralf almost passed Michael at the end, sounds like it was a good contest. I agree with Fisi, he hasn’t covered himself with glory this year. Thank goodness Webber got in the points, albeit well back from Heidfeld. If he had the same fuel in for qualifying?....

Yet another latter part of the season where the best thing is the prospects for next season! Hopefully it lives up to its promise.

A couple of things I noted –

Alonso struggled to get past cars on the track that were well off his pace, what an indictment on the current car configuration, even though the track is not conducive to overtaking.

Compare JPM to Kimi Raikkonen last round after their retirements – Kimi had left the track in a very short time while Montoya did the media interviews etc in a professional manner. V. poor by Kimi in my books.

johnh875 said:
Alonso struggled to get past cars on the track that were well off his pace, what an indictment on the current car configuration, even though the track is not conducive to overtaking..

After collision in the first corner Alonso's Renault lost 7% of its downforce that will cost according to Pat Symonds 1,2secs per lap. Also they had to limit the revs because the the debris blocked radiators and caused the engine heat to go up. After that Alonso only drove for better qualifing position for Turkey GP. :cry:

johnh875 said:
Compare JPM to Kimi Raikkonen last round after their retirements – Kimi had left the track in a very short time while Montoya did the media interviews etc in a professional manner. V. poor by Kimi in my books.

I agree that Kimi's behaviour is not professional. :nownow:

Pate - even so the Jordans etc were well off his pace!

306XT said:
Another race and we have 3week off.
The race itself was pretty good. For once having a Ferrari up front actually made the race more interesting :D

So what did we bring away from this race?
Here's my :2cents:

1. Fisi have disappointed again. I think every here would really like him to win some race. We always say he had a bad car & he deserve better.... I genuinely think it is race like this where he needs to shine (when your team-mate hits trouble) and show what he's made of instead of visiting the gravel trap. :nownow:

I agree Fisi hasnt had a good year through his own doing and his Renault letting him down. Regardless of why, this summation wont help him keep his seat at Renault for next year (welcome to F1)

I think Fisi's reputation has been a bit all over the place since he re-signed for Renault. Some people went to the extreme of not rating him according to his career to date while others went to the opposite extreme of over rating him. Some journo's actually had him at the start of the year on the cover of a motorsport magazine in an arm wrestle with new team mate Alonso early on in the year...and surprisingly half of the 'experts' in the article had him as beating Alonso in 2005....

My opinion is that Fisichella didnt come to Renault to rival Alonso and i strongly beleive Renault would agree. Fisi is a solid drive and quick and as a Renault fan, i commended Renault's decision for the second seat. A strong, experienced driver to keep Alonso honest.

My opinion on Fisichella to date is that he has had some strong drives and has been let down by the car too many times. But over all, i think he has been a bit dissapointing this year. He has not been racing close to Alonso quite enough as i thought he would.

I dont know what Renault's plans are for next year (have they signed anyone for Fisi's seat?) but if they havent, i would probably give Fisi till the end of the season.

This is F1 and one awesome win and winning the constructors championship could see him drive for Renault next year

BTW, the only Ferrari i see Wurz driving is one he buys himself :D

Ferrari has confirmed that Sauber driver Felipe Massa will join Michael Schumacher in its 2006 line-up and has announced that Rubens Barrichello will leave the team at the end of the year.

O no! M.Schumacher + Massa :crazy:
Sorry, maybe it's just me but what's happening at Ferrari. Do they seriously think Massa is the next messiah ( :D pun) for the Italian team (next champ???) Well he's better then JV (that's saying alot!). But I cant really recall any race where he really shine and stood out.

I knew it was going to happen, but there's was alway hoping until now.
I hope they know better then me. (U can tell I'm not a fan)

So Ruben is going to BAR and JB is mostly going to partner Webber then.

306XT said:
O no! M.Schumacher + Massa :crazy:
Sorry, maybe it's just me but what's happening at Ferrari. Do they seriously think Massa is the next messiah ( :D pun) for the Italian team (next champ???) Well he's better then JV (that's saying alot!). But I cant really recall any race where he really shine and stood out.

I knew it was going to happen, but there's was alway hoping until now.
I hope they know better then me. (U can tell I'm not a fan)

So Ruben is going to BAR and JB is mostly going to partner Webber then.

I think they might see Massa as an ideal Barrichello replacement.

He is fairly consistent, affordable and if he doesn't have Michaels speed, will still make a good tail gunner.

Remember, Ferrari has had a close involvement with Sauber so maybe they know more than we do about his driving ability...

Massa was test driver for Ferrari one or two seasons ago, so they have a good idea as to his abilities.