How do you change the headlights in a c3?

chubs

Tadpole
DONE - How do you change the headlights in a c3?

How do you change the headlight globes in a c3?
Anyone know how ?
I've searched the forums, read the manual, fiddled with it for ages, all to no avail.

its a 2003 model.

Last edited:
chubs said:
How do you change the headlight globes in a c3?
Anyone know how ?
I've searched the forums, read the manual, fiddled with it for ages, all to no avail.

its a 2003 model.

It should be explained in the owners manual.

Troy.

yeah, the owners manual says "unclip the bulb and replace"
Not descriptive enough! Its gotta be the most stubborn clip i've ever come across, either that or i'm doing something wrong?
Anyone here done it before and know the trick to it?

Don't know the trick - but it is not easy, as I saw a mechanic struggle with it for quite a while on Daniel's car - I could not even get my big hands in to feel the right bit :wink2: . One side is a real b****h, as there is the ABS stuff in the way if I remember.Paul

Its the left hand side one next to the battery and fusebox.
We tried to figure out how to take the whole headlight out, but that involves removing the whole bumper/grille/wheel inner guard and we don't want to try to do that.
Any more ideas?

I've got no photos, but are you suggesting i remove the fusebox to get a bit more room to maneuver? Thats an idea.

XTC206 said:
It maybe only 2 screws holding the fusebox in ? .. got a photo ?

- xTc

chubs said:
I've got no photos, but are you suggesting i remove the fusebox to get a bit more room to maneuver? Thats an idea.
Not completely remove .. just unmount it if possible ... with the 206 to get to the Right front light you remove the Washer bottle to make life easier (can be done without doing it .. I know) ... so have a look around, or find a child with small strong fingers !!! :roflmao:

- xTc -

Figured out how to do it - the clip has two prongs that you have to pull apart, instead of squash together, which i was trying to do.
All sorted out :) :banana:

I think i got a pack of 2 from an autoshop. THey were made in Germany. As Paul said though it was a real nightmare to change the globes and with the lights turning on/off on their own all the time the C3 can chew through globes pretty quickly. This auto headlight function can be turned off though. :D