How do i find out what model of engine in have. 2005 307

307frog

Tadpole
need to try and find a replacement turbo but everywhere i look has a very wide range of engine models.

normally there is something in the engine number however i can not see anything that matchs between the options listed and my engine number

i also can not see a plate anywhere that has it on it

my engine number in case i missed something is PSA9HZ10JB310005850'

Thanks all

9HZ tells you it's a type of DV6 HDi.
If you look on the turbo ID plate it should be a Garret GT1544V and will have some other numbers too. the 96.. number would be the Pug/Citroen reference and it will probably have a number starting with 5. This turbo was also used in various Citroen, Ford and others.

Suggest you read through these too as you may need to do more than just replace the turbo:
Dealing with a failed DV6 turbo - links to other threads in included in this one:
Getting to know my new 07 C4 HDi - with your help please
DV6 1.6HDi lube/care: 1.6 HDI Oil Lubrication and Maintenance. Avoiding Problems.

Cant read the links but make sure you replace the oil pickup oil feed pipe and banjo bolts if you don’t you’ll have a bad day

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Last edited:
9HZ tells you it's a type of DV6 HDi.
If you look on the turbo ID plate it should be a Garret GT1544V and will have some other numbers too. the 96.. number would be the Pug/Citroen reference and it will probably have a number starting with 5. This turbo was also used in various Citroen, Ford and others.

Suggest you read through these too as you may need to do more than just replace the turbo:
Dealing with a failed DV6 turbo - links to other threads in included in this one:
Getting to know my new 07 C4 HDi - with your help please
DV6 1.6HDi lube/care: 1.6 HDI Oil Lubrication and Maintenance. Avoiding Problems.

thanks mate, very helpfull