Hooray!!!

R17G

Fellow Frogger
Hi all! I,m so excitied, just bought a 11/95 V6 Laguna. One owner, immaculate condition. Just had to tell you all! Can someone send me a couple of Aussie Frogs stickers?

R17G:
Hi all! I,m so excitied, just bought a 11/95 V6 Laguna. One owner, immaculate condition. Just had to tell you all! Can someone send me a couple of Aussie Frogs stickers?
dance renault_ Excellent renault_ dance

R17G If you can make it next Sunday 17th. Queensland frogs are going for a bit of a drive I'll have a bunch of Aussiefrog stickers for those who need them. Love to see you and your new car wink See post in Chit Chat.

If you can't make it :( send me an email and I'll pop some in the post
cheers! greenblood@aussiefrogs.com

Cheers
Chris

Good on you. I am envious. That would certainly be a nice car.
What colour, how many K's etc. Oh, does it have the electric front seats, and leather?

Just curious.

Regards

Luke

Its metalic dark green, 130000 km, one owner, full service history locally. Owned by an extremely fastidious guy, amazing condition, rear spoiler, electric seats, alloys, climate control, abs, airbag, new tyres, recent brakes etc.$14 950.
Slightly better than its new price of near $50 000!

Ahhh nice...is it the 4 or the V6?

I suppose you got it as an everyday car(?)
These laguna's are cheap to buy when you find one but is it accurate to say you'll pay the price when you need parts?

Thats what i'd be a bit scared off, anyways.
All the best

My Father has a Laguna V6, bought second hand. Only thing to go wrong was a starter motor (right outside of AutoParis which was a fantastic coincidence!)

Starter motor was about $200-300 I think, fitting was a lot easier than it looked (certainly easier than R25 V6)

Other parts have been reasonably priced, although I admit to have purchased a couple of items from Marchants in the UK rather than pay the bigger $ locally...

Does the Laguna V6 have the AR$/AD4 auto transmission? If so, do they have any problems, or are they better refined than in the R25 V6?

Thanks

Luke

I believe they have a variant of that transmission - I have heard of 2 failures.

I was taken for a short but VERY fast drive in one which was already showing signs of stress, no 4th gear (over 100,000 on the odo) Considering the box was on it's way out, I was amazed it didn't just let go in a big way. A few months later it did of course, and the cost for a rebuild/reco was in the order of $3500

The other I heard about was a great big box of neutrals, with reverse occasionally selectable.

Both cars history were unknown, but I suspect that if you service the car regularly and treat it with respect, the auto should last fairly well.

Hard to compare with the 4 speed R25 V6 Auto as there are just so few examples around!

I have talked to someone knowledgable and apparently its major fault is that the solenoids can go. This is apparently the major cause of problems. But the previous owner tells me that these have already been replaced on my car. Also I now have some local contacts who are experts on this box. I believe the above quote for the box is accurate, but a Falcon box costs $2500 and a Mazda 626 (and other Jap cars) I am told can top $3500 to $4 000. Hopefully I don't have to find out. renault_

From what I've read, there are two major ways to extend the life of automatic transmissions:

1. Change oil regularly, especially if the car has done high speed/heavy towing
2. Make sure the oil is not allowed to overheat.

The Laguna has a oil/coolant intercooler which should keep the box at a constant temperature (provided your engine is also the same!)

As for oil changes, these are a little tricky in the case of these transmissions as the only real way to get it right is with the correct equipment - and time. I'd be wary of any mechanic who says they "don't need it!"