Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 hour - yesterday.

Fordman

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Watched this event over the weekend. Not a bad race with 58 Production Cars on the grid. Dominated by the BMW's as expected. There were a couple of Renault Meganes in the field, one finished. As is becoming the norm, many safety cars (12) and one red flag (for oil on the track at one corner), which at least kept more cars from being lapped, as there was a large range of makes, models and performance categories. They were again using a MRF control tyre, and surprisingly some (most) of the cars only used one set - not bad for a racing tyre.

My observation: Although many people complain that they don't want Supercar racing, they just want the good old days of production cars racing at Bathurst - I have to say: "Well, where were you today?". Not joking, I reckon there would have only been about 200 spectators around the circuit. Just small groups sitting about 50-100 metres apart up at McPhillamy Park, and hardly anyone along the pit straight - weird. There was a big crowd on top of the pit area, and I guess these would have been mainly family and crews of the approx 160 drivers involved, plus there were other categories of support races.

The other main races of the weekend were the GT Challenge Series, Excels, Nissan Pulsars and GT4 classes.