Hi, new owner

integrale

Tadpole
Just thought I’d say hi, I’m in WA and I’ve just bought my first Peugeot-I’m a Pom and I’ve owned Renault’s in the UK but this is my first Pug. It’s a ‘98 306 Gti6 and it needs a couple of jobs doing to it but it’s a fun drive :banana:

I forgot to ask, has anybody got any ideas as to how many 306gtis are left on the road in Aus?

Welcome aboard - I don't think there are many in WA - I haven't seen any on the daily commute over the last year or so.

There are more 306 XT's/XSi's floating around...and one China Blue 306 Style which I mistook for a GTI6!

I've got a China Blue XSi which is fun. I can imagine a GTI6 would be awesome...

You'll love it and welcome. We still have our 'bought new' 306 XT and it is a great drive, although some of the fun is handicapped by Perth's straight roads! I haven't seen a GTI6 for years on the road.

PM me if you want a contact with the WA Peugeot Car Club - they'd know the answer. Alternatively, come to one of the Classic Cars and Coffee Sunday morning events and look for Peugeots or our group of Renaults and their owners.

Sunday at 2 pm at the Fremantle Esplanade there's a gathering to see off a group of French Citroens starting a big trip in Oz. Should be good.

Thanks for the welcome, I’ve been busy with work and getting the 306 sorted. Rear brakes, drop links, p bushes, timing belt and water pump, gearbox oil and p/s fluid and a good clean are what I’ve done so far ��